• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is it possible to add new playe colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if it's possible to change the default player colors. I tried to extracting ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor00.blp and changed it from red to white, then re-imported into my map with the right path to override the original, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Does it only notice the change if you've imported the full set of 16 colors or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance.

Level 32
  • This issue has been discussed in the past (although I can't find the specific thread where it was conclusively addressed).

To the extent of my knowledge, the default team colors may not be changed for entire teams. Somehow, Warcraft III pre-loads certain settings BEFORE any imported files are taken into account. The default team colors can't be changed by editing the files you have been working with.

Whitehorn could say exactly why: he answered this question years ago.

One possible workaround is detailed in: Exploration of Vertex Coloring

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Two posts Abattoir? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Level 6
it's like changing the loading bar in the loading screen. It takes effect AFTER you play the map, during your remake. i would think that if there were a way to change the default colors, it would be the same case for them.

Level 2
I wondered if that was the case. Luckily I don't actually need this for any map I'm making, I just noticed that the Game Interface menu had a path for where the team colors were stored, so it made me curious.

A shame though, I've always wanted white as a team color.

Speaking of which, can you change it by changing that path somehow? I don't know why they would let you change it if it didn't do something. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.