• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it ok to use ((wait)) trigger in single player game? {{SOLVED}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,as title says , I am creating a single player hero defence and for some hero spells I use ((wait)) trigger (I think I know how to make it MUI but I think that's not necessary since in that map there never will be more than player , so why should I make trouble to myself?).

Also I wanted to know if it's a multi player map but when a player picks a hero others can't pick that , in this situation will ((wait)) trigger cause problems (in a case that a single spell can't be used by two players)?

Last edited:
Level 19
wait is dependant on your computers measurement of time

where as wait in game is a time agreed upon by all the computers connected to the game

meaning that wait is ok for single player but multiplayer absolutly needs wait in game.

I hope this answers your question

As long as you're the only player whose slot is being used, I guess so.

(This may be untrue) However, if even just one player aside from you, e.g. the computer player or human player, is in the game (which means that another slot is used), the wait function would be prone to desycns, which means that whatever you're experiencing is different from what the computer player or human player is experiencing.

Level 4
wait is dependant on your computers measurement of time

where as wait in game is a time agreed upon by all the computers connected to the game

meaning that wait is ok for single player but multiplayer absolutly needs wait in game.

I hope this answers your question
TNX a lot. But why computers measurement of time shall be different? I mean second is second how can it be different in my pc to yours?

Level 4
As long as you're the only player whose slot is being used, I guess so.

(This may be untrue) However, if even just one player aside from you, e.g. the computer player or human player, is in the game (which means that another slot is used), the wait function would be prone to desycns, which means that whatever you're experiencing is different from what the computer player or human player is experiencing.
Tnx a Lot

Level 19
TNX a lot. But why computers measurement of time shall be different? I mean second is second how can it be different in my pc to yours?
Your computer might have a fraction of a nano second difference in it's measurement of a second, or it might say a second past NOW while another computer is still waiting for a second to pass(again a fraction of a nano difference).

Still it is better to always use the wait in game timer as it doesn't count on the computers time but the game time

Status
Not open for further replies.