• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it my imagination or graphics change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
like every new patch or so.

Im entering as usual and while clicking on buildings I look closely and im like 'what the? this didnt look like that last week'. I dont have screenshots of how they looked weeks ago but if I acquire an old Screenshot that I made, I'll show you and prove also for myself that there are indeed graphic changes, things werent so last week,

In the past I dont remember the construction effects of Protoss looking like that on the pic, they looked more like the old energy vortex. even the Nexus crystal looks different.

Let me find an old screenshot of the battlecruiser's attack and you will see 3 different versions of missiles, I do notice there is a change in the graphics and not because I use diff settings.

Last edited:
Level 12
A mace?
EXPORT THESE MODELS AND THEIR TEXTURES.
WE NEED TO KEEP OLD THINGS FOR PURE REFERENCE.
Just like we should have with this "mace tank".

Level 22
I only know that Steam Tank used to have a load ability, kinda like transporter tank but I've never seen it with a morningstar, wow. And i've played war3 beta. If you compare the 1st SC2 pictures from 2007 and those now, you will see how silly you would consider those in 2007, coz ofc there is a change since then and a quite obvious one. However, when I mean changes, I dont mean 2007 and 2010, Im aware of the improved textures but now week by week the grahpics changed just these weeks.

Level 6
Those 2007 SC2 graphics were just a notch above WC3. They're so much better now and more detailed as well.

Level 22
See? I knew there was a change. However the reason for it is not 'imporvement' but the latest patch explains it:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

Fixed an issue with High graphics settings that could cause particles not to render.

1. Old 2. New.
Both were made at High graphics that was causing it, not because 1. was medium textures and 2. is high. As you can see a huge difference cause of the bug. 1 more comparison is coming up soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot000.png
    Screenshot000.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 11.png
    11.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.