• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible 'to be updated' Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Recently I noticed that some resources can become invisible in the model section and in search results.

However, one can still find them if he knows the creator and goes to 'all threads created' to find a direct link. These models are listed as 'This resource is awaiting update.'

This happened to the battle realms models of strongwill. His glorious work cannot be found in the model section now.

What does this mean? Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Level 12
Ah, I see. The moderator sets the 'to be updated' status. I found some useful skins by HanBu from a year ago as well that are 'to be updated'.

This is like hunting for hidden treasure. Is there any way to filter these 'to be updated' resources to search for them? For all I know some very good resources can be hidden from ages past like this. And if strongwill never updates his works they too will join the hidden reliquary that is the 'to be updated' section.

The sad thing is is that there are really awful models that are approved and visible in the model section while there exists this very real possibility that strongwill's work will be forever stuck in the limbo of 'to be updated' if he doesn't do what the moderator told him. I am lucky since a saw his models when they were released but someone who didn't won't even suspect of their existence - even though they are far superior to some the junk that was approved and can be found in the model section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.