• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

invisible platforms + rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
i put them out on map the invisible platform. and i cant walk on them. I only see the box. First i see the walkable thing when i gona pout them out. They are red. ANd after i pout them out i cant see the walkable thing. How do they work. Whay doesent they work for me?

And one more question what is maximum doodas for biggest map i have about 7000 and im gona make the map bigger i will need at least 8500 and maximum 9000.

Plataforms:

1) Be sure that your plataform is "Alive"
(Select it, and press Enter. Check if his hit points are above 0)

2) Units with a collision of 31.00 or bigger wont able to walk in a 2x2 plataform, only 30.00 or less. So, you must use a 4x4 one.

Doodad Limit
Use JassNewGen or World Editor Unlimited, but be adviced: Breaking those limits will make map lag a lot. I recommend you to make a better management of your doodad placement, like, you can have too many doodads in a certain part. Remove some of them, and place the new ones in other parts.

Level 11
I have a map with over 16k doodads so you shud be fine. I have NewGen though, im not sure if u have that.

And for the doodads do what Ham Ham said. Make sure you arent placing Elevator (dead) or something like that. To make the invisible platforms actually work you will probly have to raise them so they actually do something (if you are just putting them on regular land). To raise a doodad hold ctrl and push page up, to lower it you hold ctrl and push page down.

Level 10
I can recommend pressing (P) while in the WE and placing invisible platforms. The purple areas are non-walkable. When you place an invisble platform on a purple area, it should change color. This should prove that the invisible platform works.

If you need a unit to walk over a doodad, following its surface, you can go to the object editor, turn "Is wakable" on, and probably you will also need to change its pathing texture to some walkable pathing, like Circle of Power.

If you need a unit to walk over a doodad, following its surface, you can go to the object editor, turn "Is wakable" on, and probably you will also need to change its pathing texture to some walkable pathing, like Circle of Power.

Wrong. There is no "Is Walkable" for doodads. Only for destructibles.
In order to make a doodad such a rock be walkable, you must make a new destructible, and give the rock model for it, and check if Is Walkable is true for that destructible. I suggests using an invisibily plataform as model base.

Status
Not open for further replies.