• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone! I am Ryanhawkz, I have been an avid Warcraft III player for many years and during this time I have made quite a few custom maps mainly for me and my friends. Everything I know about the editor is all self taught and I've never even bothered to google anything to help me out. I have just recently finished a BETA version for the map I have been working on lately, this is the first map I plan to release on Battle.Net. Although I did put one map out a few years ago I do not play it on Battle.Net personally but I worked hard on it so I figured I'd put it up to be downloadable on EpicWar.

The map I am working on at the moment is a Castle Defence map where you select a race and begin with a few units and a hero to protect your castle against waves of fel orcs that spawn from a portal. Each race has a lane and fights against the same waves, the aim is to reach the end where a final wave will be sent against you and you must try to survive the longest, it is also possible to survive this wave and after a certain amount of time a final, final wave will be sent against you which is inteded to be impossibly possible, by which I mean it is possible, meant to be possible, but very difficult.

Each race has it's strengths and weaknesses and only me and one of my friends so far have tested it hence I would like to release the map on Battle.Net for more testing and balancing. My internet is a little unstable and generally shitty. I have attempted port forwarding and changing my IP from dynamic but nothing I do seems to work though I have definitely had my ports open at some points in time. Either way as it is now I cannot host though I do have a bot. So that will make it difficult for me to get my map onto Battle.Net.

I live in Australia and all the port forwarding tutorials I have seen are different to my modem, that being said I still believe I figured out the way my modem works in comparison and it should be working but it doesn't. I'm quite sure this is to do with the Dynamic and Static IP, even though I made a static IP for each IP that I would change to, and one that worked a few moments ago no longer worked a second later. Hosting is the main issue I am facing at the moment.

The purpose of this post is to introduce myself to this forum and explain a little about what I'm working on and the issues I am having so that I may obtain some assistance. My map is pretty much completed for now, though there is one thing I would like to change. The races are chosen by which colour you choose, when you enter the game it is the forces that tell you which colour is what race, for example colour teal will be on force three and titled "Orc Defenders" this works fine except there are six races and the enemy, and as far as I can tell it is impossible to have more than six forces so two of my races are on one force. This isn't a real issue to the gameplay but I don't like it and if anyone knows how to create seven forces the knowledge of how to do that would be appreciated.

Yes since I am self taught the triggers are all pretty simple but I still believe I have created a decent game here and if you would give it a chance I think you might like it! The last map I made was also very simple and it got good feedback. (My friend hosted it for a me a number of times but without being to host myself and no bot at the time I never properly released it.) But for now that is all I have to say. I know this is a long post.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.