• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introduction ... post attempt #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous87

A

anonymous87

Introduction + question

[Change after edit: Sorry for a second introduction post; I was originally having posting problems, but the admin has since resolved it for me.]

Hi,

I see this is mainly for introductions, so I will do so. I am an old fan of Warcraft II, I vividly remember playing the demo when it was first released, then solving the original and expansion campaigns, played the game further off and on over the years, and have recently been playing multiplayer as allies with my son. I enjoy some of the better strategy games, as well as well-made CRGPs, particularly when they are heavy on story, non-linear, world interaction, etc. I really enjoy a good single-player RPG or LAN-based RPG, my favorite being Ultima IV, then the rest of that series (meaning, the single player original games), Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, etc.

To be honest, I subscribed mainly because I have a question about obtaining a particular Warcraft 3 mod. I am posting it here because I'm not sure which catagory this question would fit into. I already looked around and had quite a lot of trouble finding the answer.

Basically, I am looking for a mod that would improve the graphics for some of the characters in the game (at least where you can really see them during conversation). Warcraft 3 has been quite fun so far and I have never much cared about graphics (my favorite CRPG, Ultima IV, is from the mid 80s) but a few of the default character graphics in Warcraft 3 are ... distractingly lacking, given that the graphics are so zoomed in compared to Warcraft II. The child who you have to save in an early scenario is a good example of graphics that I feel really needs improvement. When I played Morrowind, I was able to locate vastly improved graphics packages (the highly talented mod'ers there were amazing, and ran circles around the original Morrowind graphics), so I was hoping the same type of thing may exist for Warcraft 3. Do you know of something like this? I found a few very specialized character graphics (orc child, etc.) but that was it.

Forgive me if this answer is already somewhere else, I did look around for quite a while and didn't see it. Perhaps the game even has something built in that I didn't find to use a better set of textures or whatever? (as in NeverWinter, as I recall)

I would really appreciate any advise

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.