• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Interested? I'm making a map and need a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1: You will get full credit for anything you do, even flaming someone else's work on the map.
Anyway, what i'm trying to do is an multi-player rpg about a vampire. A rogue vampire who isn't necessarily good but doesn't like the way the vampire race is being goverened by (insert really coll evil name here) and the "destroy all humans" policy. He allies with a bunch of (to be decided) and they go around in the vampire underworld aas well as the 'upper world.'

Needed:
If you really want to a modeller would be cool, not necessary though.
Terrainer
Advanced triggerer.
If you want to help with the story that's also acceptable, a little critical analysis is always welcomed.
Hero Maker (not necessary but would be gladly welcomed)

Anyone who helps make this map doesn't have to stick to their main area so long as everyone else agrees with what you want to do.

Thanks in advanced

Level 4
STORY LINE

Ha, sorry when i wrote that post i had only just thought of it.
Story:
A vampire named Raphael, a member of the oldest clan of vampires, is unimpressed with the way it is being run. Although he has no love for humans he understands that, they, like himself, have some right to a life. The current vampire lord known as Fatum (latin for doom) has established an elite task force designed for rounding up and capturing humans. Not only that but every night he personally picks a small village or farmstead and mutilates all those who sleep inside. In this world vampires only need to feed once a year, and they do not have to turn or kill their prey either. Raphael allies himself with a dhampir named incognitus(half-vampire), a mysterious man only known as "D" who has taught himself the forgotten art of the arcane magicks, a soldier and a swordsman. These heroes traverse the underworld and upper world in search of the vampire task forces. Ultimately the story ends in a battle between the heroes and Fatum in his true form.

Each vampire has an alternate form, not necessarily unique but always varying in strength. Also, as vampires get older they grown back a resistance to the natural light. Only Fatum and Raphael have this resistance from their clan as the older members were killed off in the clan wars. There are other vampires with this resistance, but not all of them are as evil as Fatum.

The story is still developing but that's what i've got so far.

Level 4
hold on

ok little details like that came later. As i said the story is still coming along. Task forces will vary in strength, they will get progressively harder. I mean, with 24 or so vampires who strong do they need to be to take out a small town? Plus there's the whole "escaping the underworld" part which will be the first part, finding the allies (the soldier and swordsman will be in the same place) the vampire hunters both legendary and new. There will be a few things as well, remember all the parts in between? Fighting creeps along the way, town quests. I don't plan to introduce fighting the task forces till about level 5+ and the elite vampires till around level 14. Also, i plan to incorporate different difficulties so you know, heh. As for finding the heros i plan to make the finding allies reasonably fast (first 10 minutes? OR perhaps even a cinematic where he already has them.) There will be transitions between the underworld and the upper world. And don't forget hero abilities, the vampires won't have them.

Level 7
I think you shouldn't start with that setting... you should start with Raphael being one normal bloodthirsty Vamp and then some keyevent as an turning point where he decides to fight those vamps who slaughter humans.
Wouldn't that be more interesting and giving more depth to Raphaels char ?

Level 7
You could start like this:

Swordsman (player controlled) should defend a village or else
Raphael raids that village with some random computer vamps.
They overwhelm swordsman and that doomman wants raphael to kill that swordsman in order to prove loyalty and so on.
Before that there have to be some scenes with children etc being slaughtered which show that Raphael isn't to keen on that ^^
So then when he should kill him he hepls that swordman to escape.
They both run but the vamp gets caught.
Swordsman mets up with some allie (player controlled) to help Raphael gettin away from his clan...

---
Just what i had on mind right now

Level 4
yeah...

Apocalypse is defintely getting credit for helping with the map, whether he wants it or not xD

Once we work out the complete story then i'll post the blank map with the models for swash so he has something to work with. You don't have to use the map the models are on, i can import them again later. For the main character i had to use the Zero model because i couldn't find any that would work. All the links were down and deimos model doesn't work, only portrait. Anyway, thanks you guys. Triggering will come after terraining. I"M STILL LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO HELP THOUGH. Having more than one person on each area is a must for a great map, allows variety and critical analysis and constructive criticism.

By the way, because we don't have a modeller if you guys could help me find a decent vamprie model for the main guy and one for the dhampir (mysterious model, like the deimos model.) that would be appreciated. The soldier can't have a gun because my damn marine models use spell animations for attacking for some reason so i've made him an axe warrior. I'll have to look up the authors of these models again because i downloaded them ages ago.

As far as hero making is concerned we'll make all the evil units first. Vampire health will range from 500 to 2000. The final boss will have around 15000 health, but that's as far as i've got. Human units will be much weaker, from around 100 health to 2500 for the legendary vampire hunters.

Level 4
sorry guys

i'm afraid i'll have to put the project on hold for a while... if you want to start the terraining go ahead, i have just recieved a major assignment for my ancient history class and a team i offered my services to before this has decided to take me aboard. So yeah, hopefully i'll be back on schedule soon. The map size should be ranging from large to epic, that's pretty much the only condition, so long as you can fit villages and the underworld.

Level 6
i'm generally interested in participating in your map.
i'm no bad at triggering (getting better at the very moment) and would do (much of) your triggering.

if you want a sample, simply ask me for a codesnippet you could use for your map. (i do not like custom abilities, but i can do them as well, even though with a little less effects -> the seem to unreal to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.