• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

IniquitValiant.blp

CAUTION: It will also overwrite the texture for the Gnoll Archer model. The quiver will be empty and partially made of wood, but it works fine otherwise.

[Minor Update]
* Several glitches attended to, some still remain that are mainly caused by the model's wrap.
* Added TC to the shoulders.

Shameless advertising:
I am making a series of Chaos Trolls and Frost Trolls. If you have suggestions to more trolls within that theme (or want to see them all), have a look in this thread. This texture is not part of the series.

I'm doing a full race of nether beasts that I've called Iniquit, after iniquitous. They take control of beasts that roam the surface world through a virus that alters their DNA and enslaves them.

This is the Valiant. Feedback highly appreciated!

I appreciate being credited for my work, so if you use this resource, please do.
You may modify this resource in any way you see fit, and use it for custom models - I would appreciate if you link back to this resource or mention my name if you upload the custom model anywhere.

Preview01.png

Preview02.png

Preview03.png

Preview04.png

Icon(s) will come as well, stay tuned.

This skin will also work for the Gnoll Warden model: units\Creeps\GnollWarden\GnollWarden.blp
This skin will also work for the Gnoll Overseer model: units\Creeps\GnollOverSeer\GnollOverseer.blp

Keywords:
valiant, valour, valor, melee, meat, iniquit, alien, demon, underworld, nether, gnoll, mace, morning star, shiiK
Contents

Iniquit - The Valiant (Texture)

Reviews
15:40, 8th Feb 2011 67chrome: Looks pretty snazzy :)
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

15:40, 8th Feb 2011
67chrome: Looks pretty snazzy :)

Level 38
Unwrap looks pretty nice, though the UV's distort the texture a bit. The wrapping job with the back is pretty good though considering how much it stretches the texture. The bandages on the face could use some more work though, especially around the eyes. On the unwrap it looks as though the bandages would overlap but as hey are mirrored the little spike looks a bit awkward.

The reddish spikes seem rather plastic, if they are meant to look bloody they should have dark streams of blood on otherwise metallic surfaces. Having the color fade from gray through red, orange, yellow, and white could also work, and make them look more molten/demonic/red hot.

Also, is there any particular reason this character is going commando? XD
You should either remove their bandage skirt completely or stretch enough bandage down the front of this character's leg to make it look like shorts. Right now it seems like this character is fallowing in the footsteps of Paris Hilton.

Overall I really like the teeth and spikeball on this skin, they look rather nice on the wrap and unwrap. The unwrap looks pretty nice in general, but could use a few tweaks here and there to wrap correctly.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I rushed it to the finish last night after fighting my way through the horrible wrap, but I'll see what I can do about the glitches today. The legs might prove difficult, but I could bandage his hand as well, and that would fix the backside of them, and I'll extend the bandages to his knees as well.

The red spearheads were actually intended to be some sort of gem, but I'm horrible at making things that shine and reflect light. Might turn them back into metal and add some blood splatter to them instead.

As for turning the whole head into a giant mouth - yes, I was into that idea, but I think it would look awkward due to the shape of the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 38
I rushed it to the finish last night after fighting my way through the horrible wrap, but I'll see what I can do about the glitches today. The legs might prove difficult, but I could bandage his hand as well, and that would fix the backside of them, and I'll extend the bandages to his knees as well.

The red spearheads were actually intended to be some sort of gem, but I'm horrible at making things that shine and reflect light. Might turn them back into meal and add some blood splatter to them instead.

As for turning the whole head into a giant mouth - yes, I was into that idea, but I think it would look awkward due to the shape of the head.

It almost looks as though the wrap is projected with little alteration from the side of the model, the crotch might be in the middle of the leg rather than the edge. But ya, this model's wrap is pretty bad. The idea with the hand bandages sounds pretty good to with how it looks like the wrap works.

Shiny things are relatively hard to do in general, I'd recommend finding a solid reference image if you are going that route. It looks like there is enough pixels to be able to pull off gems in the unwrap. The gems do add a decent splash of color to this though. Shinny/luminescent stuff is usually overly saturated, so I'd recommend making it more dual tone so it doesn't look like team color. Blood stains are about as hard to do to, though from the stains on the bandages I'd say you seem to know what you're doing there ;)

With the eyes/pustuals on the side of this creature you could probably do something cool with the head, mostly it's just working the brow ridge into something. horns, flared nostrals, pustually eyes, additional mouths...with the sort of aberration-ish look there are a lot of options there ;)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Used to be TC on the lower arms, but when I turned him around for his photo-shoot, I noticed his ass was gone. I'm going to try adding some TC on the shoulders and possibly around the ankle like on the original Gnoll.

Status
Not open for further replies.