• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Infinite loop making game to crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everybody. Im having some troubles with this trigger. I have a summoner champion who summon minions. Those minions are not controlled by me, they are from another allied player. They simply follow or repeat my champion actions. With this trigger i want them to move in formation whenever i issue an order to a point. When i order to move, my champion and the units move in formation. But when i order to attack, it ends in an infinite loop, forcing the game to crash. I really have no idea to avoid this issue. Any help?

Had the same problem when i used Order(move) in the condition. But whenever i order a movement, the game start with a smart action, before to move. The same doesnt happen with attack-move. I got this with another trigger wich display as a message any order i issue to my champion.

Sans titre.png

P.S. : sorry my game is in french. I will try to get it in english later.

Level 2
You got it perfectly. Pl1ChmpSumng is a group with my champion (player1) and minions (allied player 2). When i order to move, they move in formation, the way i wanted. I tryed to turn off and on but nothing. The trigers fire again the moment the move-attack order is issued again. I may need another condition. I cant remove the champion from the group and add it again, this will make the minion with higher move speed to leave the champion behind.

Level 2
I solved the problem. I simply added a bool variable, set to TRUE. I added it in the conditions and check if its true. In the actions i turn it False before to order to attack and turn it TRUE again (this time when the trigger will fire again, the conditions wont be met, avoidit the infinite loop)

Level 12
You could just have done like Iceman suggested:

• Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • If - Conditions (Issued order equals Move)
      • Unit - Order Unit to Move to locations
    • If - Conditions (Issued order equals Smart)
      • Unit - Order Unit to Smart to locations
    • ???
    • Profit
    • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
regards
-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.