• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increasing the damage of a tower when it kills a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title says, I need help with a trigger for this; increasing the damage of a tower every time it kills a unit. If someone could point me to the right direction of the trigger to use - I'd be very grateful!

Level 16
Uom, as long as it'd have a max limit I'd have no problem with coding it, but since that wont work I'll pass this on to someone else.

I was thinking of using the item ability that claws of attack uses, and increasing the level by 1 each time the tower gets a kill, but abilities have a limit of 100 levels. :)

Level 16
I thought it was possible to add attack through triggers... let me ask someone for you :p
Then the other parts would be a piece of cake.

Been looking for some minutes without finding a way, perhaps it's jass-based?

Well, you could make the tower simply deal all it's damage through triggers, then the system would be easy as a cake to make.

But I doubt that's what he wants ^^

Edit: Now that I think of it, I could actually create a system that increases the damage for each unit killed, unlimitedly, but again, the bonus damage would not show up on the units interface, only end as a result on the target :|

Level 13
Oo dansaDisco gave the answer -.-

Use claws of attack as ability.

BUT: Do not use 1 ability with 100 levels.
Instead use 3 ability with 10 levels.

1. Lvl 1: 100 bonus damage, Lvl 2: 200 bonus damage, Lvl 3: 300......so on
2. Lvl 1: 10 bonus damage, Lvl 2: 20 bonus damage, Lvl 3: 30....so on
3. Lvl 1: 1 bonus damage, Lvl 2: 2 bonus damage, Lvl 3: 3.... so on

Just calculate the levels you need.
You can add another one with 1000,2000,3000...

Status
Not open for further replies.