• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In the End

In the End
Created by SonofJay

Description

Screenshot

Other stuffs

[TD]
In the End Dwelled by fearsome and powerful monsters and other races.
This beautiful island is on verge of breaking itself.
Now, races who lived here wants to prove that
they're stronger than the other races before this island reach its end.

Features:
  • 8 Orange Camps
  • 8 Green Camps
  • 4 Red Camps
  • 4 Extra Goldmine
  • 2 Goblin Shop
  • 1 Tavern

Changelog:
-Released

Hello there guys and gals and others. This melee map has quite a history,
this was supposed to be the map that I'll be submitting on a melee map contest against -kobas- a year ago,
unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish it on time(Its obvious right?). Well I have a feeling that this will be my last melee map
here as life is now taking its toll on me.

CREDITS:

This map is a UTM-Like map i found on xgm.ru a long ago. The reason about the filesize is the huge amount of resources inside
, unfortunately i haven't used all of them thus the size is taking its toll.
I don't have much time to remove the excess materials bare with it guys.

Anyway I'm pretty sure we got tons of materials from UTM here so credit
there and i'ma try to find the other users who made resources that was used
here. But i'm pretty they're all on xgm.ru.

Also feel free to use the terrain i made for other stuffs just give me a credit for doing the terrain.

Join the Melee Nation Force!

[/TD]
[TD]
211785-albums5364-picture69294.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5364-picture69293.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5364-picture69292.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]

[TD]
247597_415536828510337_1630052763_n.jpg
[/TD]
[TD]

Check my melee map tutorial: SonofJay's Melee Map Tutorial Check this other sites: ChaosRealm BlizzardModding
[TD]

Keywords:
Melee, SonofJay, Terrain, Blablabla, Warcraft
Contents

In the End (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet11:28, 17th May 2013 Map Approved!11!1!211! In the End (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet11:28, 17th May 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved!11!1!211!
In the End (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"In the End" is a Melee map for a 4 player match with expanded environment and camera view to give maximum detail.

"I'm not quite sure why bare a huge main bases but for somehow it can relate in the view(all thanks to the camera trigger) I had no much trouble taking out early creep camps and team conflicts if the time comes when game matches can be 2v2."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"Terrain is so wonderful it requires a beer and rock song next beside you, the fog, additional imported doodads and the skills of landscaping gave way but looking deeper inside the map there some odds happening such as the doodad tree and the destructible version they don't bare much texture but still goes in play, this also samples the deep water area and the doodad version."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"To my review, this melee map is on the top with great designs and the ideals for a battle spotlight, this map deserves a highly recommended value."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
15/15100%A

Level 30
As promised SoJ! A review from mine but please do bear with me for I dont make such good melee maps.

In the End Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain is just really fucking bad err... I mean PURE WIN! Now I do understand why it has 5.11 MB because of the awesome and pleasing terrain. It is so pleasant to look at!
-This map has many resources such as Gold Mines, Neutral Shops and Taverns
-Cool custom far view camera

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-I dont know if there is one but maybe put a Fountain?
Overall, this epic melee map is a pure win. I would like to rate this 5/5 and has great chance for 6/5 Director's Cut! Voting also for Approval, now Orcie get to work. :b

^
You blame Orcie, how could you ;_;
Anyway, nice to see it finally :D
Been waiting for your map that you have said on my VM before :)

5/5 as well, your map deserve it, it has nice doodads and terrain, despite it's being desert like (which I hate the color of the desert, but this one feels comfortable to the eye) but this one got extreme Filesize o_O? (JK, I know :D)

Is the map open source, if so, I can remove the resources that aren't used :D

Last edited:
Level 33
As promised SoJ! A review from mine but please do bear with me for I dont make such good melee maps.

In the End Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain is just really fucking bad err... I mean PURE WIN! Now I do understand why it has 5.11 MB because of the awesome and pleasing terrain. It is so pleasant to look at!
-This map has many resources such as Gold Mines, Neutral Shops and Taverns
-Cool custom far view camera

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-I dont know if there is one but maybe put a Fountain?
Overall, this epic melee map is a pure win. I would like to rate this 5/5 and has great chance for 6/5 Director's Cut! Voting also for Approval, now Orcie get to work. :b

Director's Cut WTF??

Maps that can be qualified as Director's Cut are based:
- Extreme Functionality
- Quality
- Fame(optional)
- Uniqueness
- Synergy and Gameplay
- Balance
- High quality features(such as AI)
- Terrain(optional)

Maps must pass this features. If one does emit these features,they are qualified

Note that this is just my opinion,but I think maps are based by these(by seeing PoC and Jetpack)

Level 30
I think there is no need for further adding of a custom preivew map to this because letting it as it is right now grants the player an insight on how your game looks like.... and I do see most melee maps dont use custom preview... maybe excpet for Ultimata's melee... but I strongly suggest let it the way as it is right now.

Level 30
Aggh, HellMaster, I never mention that I'll put a custom preview image. I'm just stating that the mini map sucks big time.

Ok, to be honest, it is ugly but no one can avoid it because it depends on the pattern of your map. And I think no one will care for the minimap. Most cares for the gameplay so dont actually worry.

By the way, for this map to be approved, I've already VMed Orcnet with this. Hope this gets approved!

Level 30
Because My Chemical Romance disbanded last March.

Okay, enough of the off-topic. xD

Ok, first explain me, how did we have some misunderstanding? First, you asked that you think the map quality sucks and Daffa agreed with you, I commented at you and I misunderstood it and you commented that its about the minimap suck big time so I said to you that it doesnt matter if the minimap sucks big time because its not after all about the minimap but the gameplay.... so whts the misunderstanding here?

Level 18
Hi bro :)
So u finished the map, I saw a wip long time ago, i remember.
You know I'm not someone who says "omgthisissoawesome", I prefear telling my opinion, since that's what helps people improving.
First of all, I noticed the larger camera: It's cool, the goodlooking terrain benefits from it, and also do the Macro and the map controll.
But.. the main problem of this is the micro: I think you know what I mean, it's much more difficoult to select units and micro 'em correctly.
Creep camp are well-made, drops are quite strong, but it's fine, since the map is quite large and can be played FFA.
A problem I had... maybe it's just me, but I hate beeing attacked by these creeps while I'm wandering around on my own businnes
(I mean, thay have the default 500 range engage, and, for example, in the arpy or lizard camp, the 200 range would be better ^^)
Note: the lizard camp can be cleaned by 1 hero if he goes uphill ^^

The terrain.. again, really well made, compensates the lack of some doodads in some parts.
Just, check out some cliffs, fix them (the baase entrances, for example).
And, check pathing blockers also! (example: You can go into the water around the "castle)
I also suggest removing some little doodads (like gaysers or tauren flags) that are placed alone in the middle of the path,
since they give little block, and are kinda difficoult to notice.

There could be more mines, IMO, since the map fits for quite long games ('cause the bases are quite far from each other);
you could add 2 gold mines replacing the castles(?)(just a supposition)

Last thing: change in the map settings the patch used to Assault-Last patch

Overall, I'ts a well-made melee map, with good terrain and doodads usage. Resources are enought, creeps balanced and drops quite also.
Fits for FFA/2v2, not really for 1v1, IMO.
The camera thing is innovative as well.
(note: I love the stargate at the bottom-right of the map)
Enjoyed the map, Thankyou

Level 28
@z.ky

Yup, after a long long long long long (that was long!) while, the map is finally complete.

I wanna thank you for stating your thoughts and I'll make sure to get into this.

I hate beeing attacked by these creeps while I'm wandering around on my own businnes

Yeah, I forgot to set the neutral camps range to 200 my upload is speed is kinda ridiculous so I haven't uploaded the map yet(will do if I do something that I feel that really need to be done.).

Just, check out some cliffs, fix them

I'm also well aware of this, but its kinda exhausting to finish the cliffs, yup it really wears me down.

I'm gonna re-check the pathing blockers again and will do something about the cliff and the creep range. I'll try to do all those things and update the map here.

Level 1
Waw. By the looks of those comments on your map, this must be pretty amazing. Well, I'm not saying that you've done nothing good but, with your "sleep-for-almost-a-day" attitude.. HOW THE HELL HAVE YOU MANAGE TO PUT THIS UP??

Nah.. forget that. It's you. You can do sh*ts in 8hours or less.

P.S. Update the MAP? YOU? That may take a week or two, huh?

P.P.S. About the comments whether it's gonna be a DC or not.. Do you even care if this map gets a DC?

Level 28
Waw. By the looks of those comments on your map, this must be pretty amazing.

What do you expect man?

Well, I'm not saying that you've done nothing good but, with your "sleep-for-almost-a-day" attitude.. HOW THE HELL HAVE YOU MANAGE TO PUT THIS UP??

Well you know I have a weird sleeping pattern but I'm I know you're also aware that I have a weird way of managing my time when I'm awake.

Nah.. forget that. It's you. You can do sh*ts in 8hours or less

Lol, this is the map that almost took a year for me to finish.

P.S. Update the MAP? YOU? That may take a week or two, huh?

Awww, that actually hurts
211785-albums5481-picture65469.gif
, but also true
211785-albums5481-picture68890.gif

P.P.S. About the comments whether it's gonna be a DC or not.. Do you even care if this map gets a DC?

You know me personally and you know that I don't really give a shit.

EDIT:

Well just realized that its fucking odd to see you online.

Last edited:
Level 15
Full Review Emerges

I find the custom camera unnecessarily bothersome, I mean why would you do that? This is a melee game after all. The downside of that is a laggy game and tougher camera maneuvering for low end PCs like mine...

The terrain is just wow! I mean, you really took your terraining skills to the next level and it captures a realistic side of Warcraft 3 skirmish. Although I would like to note that you should really change the harpy early creep camp, its annoying and for starters its not a good start especially playing as Undead, you'll need to reach Tier 2 upgrade for Web ability before able to bash those harpies. The Lizards are also overpowered, might remove the Thunder Lizard. There is a slight flaw on the cliff on purple, a black blank between might wanna fix that.

Other than that its a fantastic map and this is good as it gets on any custom melee terrain. Despite that questionable filesize, its a map worth downloading, this is probably one of your best.

Would give 5/5 but I'll stick to 4/5 for now until that annoying camera is back to normal. This is IMO btw, I'm not forcing you to make these changes.

EDIT: Wth I'm saying, this map deserves a 4.5/5.0 for those flaws... :p