• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of trigger help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, I need to make a visible timer that's set in the upper right corner of the map that says "Destruction of Eastern Gate" and I need a trigger that destroys the gate. I want both of these things to happen in 30 minutes time, how do I do that? I used to have a triggerer for my map, he ditched the project and now I'm stuck with a half complete map.

Level 6
Basically it should look like this:

Code:
Event-
.Map Initialization [or whenever you want]

Conditions-
.[Whatever]

Actions-
.Timer-Create timer for [create a "timer" variable] that will expire in 1800 [or how many seconds you want] seconds

///Next trigger///

Code:
Event-
.[Your timer] expires

Conditions-
.[Whatever]

Actions-
.Destructible-Open [your gate]
OR
.Destructile-Destroy [your gate]

It looks basically like this.

Level 4
you can't create the board that shows the timer on map initialization, what should I change the event to then? I tried a few other things, like the destruction of a different gate. I tested the map, destroyed the gate, and it didn't work.

Level 7
lilbeelzebub1 said:
you can't create the board that shows the timer on map initialization, what should I change the event to then? I tried a few other things, like the destruction of a different gate. I tested the map, destroyed the gate, and it didn't work.

event - elapsed map time is 0:00
or something to that effect is similar to map initialization

and actually its more like
countdown timer - start 'X' as a 1 shot timer expires in 1800
countdown timer - create window 'Y' for timer 'X'
countdown timer - show window 'Y' for all players

Status
Not open for further replies.