• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In-game cam problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,
i got a verry weird problem iv never encountered befor...
Wen im testing my new map in-game the camera seems to be totaly crazy, first it looks like its zoomed in like 2000 times below the game "flor" and it dosent seem to be a camera from this game... it shows things iv never placed in that map and i cant change the veiw.... iv tried that iseeedeadpeoples cheats to show the compleat map but it dosent work... please help me... verry frustrating!

Level 11
First its iseedeadpeople. (Maybe you just spelled it wrong) Second if your walls are too high you may get a glitch where the camera is looking under the floor. Post the map, and we'll try to help from there. Also make sure your not moving the camera to a null location/locking it to a null unit.

Level 8
Try adding this trigger to your map:

• reset cam
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Reset camera for (Triggering player) to standard game-view over 1.50 seconds
Unless your player is a different team, I assume your player is team red.

What should happen is that hitting escape should reset the game camera.

If not then the very least it should do is try to reset the camera - each time you hit the escape key your camera should move a bit attempting to reset.

I'm going to assume you have camera or a cinematic in your game. Either misfiring or certain cameras are trying to lock on at the same time.

Another thing you can try is plopping in a hero unit of the players (your) team. That should make an icon that you can click to select the hero in the upper left hand corner of your screen - that way you can see if the camera attempts to align with the hero when you click on the character picture at the bottom of your screen.

Since you are seeing things that are not in your map, I wonder if perhaps your editor is not opening up another map you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.