• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Tiles in reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi,
i dont really understand how to import custom tilesets now?
in my case i just want a blank black tile. in tft you could just take a black square and safe as .blp or .tga. import and replace any path like TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_DirtRough.blp. how could i do this now? import a black tileset as .dds 3x and change paths to: terrainart\cityscape\city_dirtrough_diffuse.dds, terrainart\cityscape\city_dirtrough_normal.dds and terrainart\cityscape\city_dirtrough_orm.dds?

i dont really understand how it works..

It's _hd.w3mod\terrainart\cityscape\city_dirtrough_diffuse.dds

Reforged tiles are kinda more complex tho, diffuse should match the other terrain texture maps (orm and normals) so that it will work the same way the reforged tiles interact with lighting. These three texture maps are not the same, don't import and rename diffuse as normal or orm texture.

upload_2020-3-4_7-26-51.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.