• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, i've been using the World of Warcraft Model Viewer to extract models from WoW, with the assistance of the War3 Model Editor to import and convert the extracted models into mdx or mdl files. However, my problem is this. Half the time the models don't work! By which i mean the file size is far too small (as in, >1kb) to contain any model data, so my question is this.
Could someone please give me a quick run down on how to properly extract a WoW model and process it for use in Warcraft 3. Thanks

Level 2
Sorry, I wasn't aware that it was illegal to use models from WoW. I knew there were debates about it, but I never actually knew whether or not it was, thanks for letting me know =]

Status
Not open for further replies.