• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing ability settings, unit settings within an existing setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have customs units settings and abilities settings that I always import for a melee map. Now I downloaded some custom spells from here, when I import let's say the ability settings over my existing ability settings I get the message that it will replace all my existing ones.
How can I import the custom spells along with my own units, abilities, triggers, etc without the editor replacing my own stuff. So then I can have them in the same map and export them together.
I hope you get what I mean.

I've read the faq but didn't work.

Level 3
You mean open the map I want to play on. Load my settings, then open the map of the custom spells, copy the datas 1 by 1 then close that map and paste them on my map? It didn't work, there's no art icon, no effects animation when casted, no damage, no nothing. The custom spell comes with instructions how to add it, I did the same thing as shown.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/arctic-blast-1-0-0-5-a-266830/

Level 17
Here is what to do as an Example:

1) Copy and paste each custom Object editor data 1 by 1.
2) Copy and Paste the Trigger Category.
3) Import all Imported Stuff and set the Paths to the correct ones if Used.
4) Maybe Configure.

Repeat for the Other spells you have.

EDIT: There is a Possibility that Your Ability is not Configured to the Correct one. Check Triggers. (In this case: Arctic Blast Config -> Action:
  • Set ArcticBlast = <the real Arctic Blast>

Level 11
You mean open the map I want to play on. Load my settings, then open the map of the custom spells, copy the datas 1 by 1 then close that map and paste them on my map? It didn't work, there's no art icon, no effects animation when casted, no damage, no nothing. The custom spell comes with instructions how to add it, I did the same thing as shown.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/arctic-blast-1-0-0-5-a-266830/

If you want to import data one at a time, you have to do it in this order:
1. Imports(with proper paths/if any)
2. Custom Icons
3. Custom Abilities
4. Custom Units/Items/Doodads
5. Triggers (if any)

However, if you have a lot of custom data it will take you ages.

However! There are a few custom editors/systems that allow you to MERGE custom data -will import all the data from one map to another without deleting anything (or mostly anything, it may not work perfectly). I don't recall exactly the name of the editor, it was NextGenJass or something like that, sorry. (It can be found on this site thought:)

You would still have to change the pathing of the imports, but there is must be a method to do that en masse as well.

Level 3
Hmm, I just noticed all of them were wrong. Why? I copy pasted, it should have the same values no?

Anyways, I made a video to show you exactly how I proceeded :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whftsFvlPfc&feature=youtu.be

Notice the first 2 files that I import in the map that I would like to play in before saving the map, those are my custom made units and abilities from the game itself. They don't contain custom spells. After saving the map is then when I begin copying the unit and ability 1 by 1 with the trigger.

Level 11
You need to import things in the order that I told you.

!You need to import triggers last!

Also, !after you import everything correctly! you would !still! have to set the variables yourself ( Example: Set ArcticBlast = Arctic Blast/ Set ArcticBlastSlow = Arctic Blast Slow).

Usually, you cannot just import the trigger and the dummy units/custom abilities, you have to make sure the variables in the trigger are properly set.

In your video, the variables were not there in the second map.

Level 3
OOHhhhh, I see now.
I didn't know all this lol I'm so new to this.

Ok in the video I did put the trigger last but yes the variables were mixed. So I arranged them with the correct given spell name and the spell is now working.

Thanks guys. I'll come back here to check again if needed.

Level 17
OOHhhhh, I see now.
I didn't know all this lol I'm so new to this.

Ok in the video I did put the trigger last but yes the variables were mixed. So I arranged them with the correct given spell name and the spell is now working.

Thanks guys. I'll come back here to check again if needed.

Yeaaah. You simply skipped my part didn't you ha?

• Set ArcticBlast = <the real Arctic Blast>

Level 3
No, it's not like that. Here's what happened.
I read your 2nd post with the edited part then I tried and again it didn't work so I came back here to post the result but then I saw teozamait's post until I realized this going to be complex since I'm unfamiliar with importing custom spells with triggers. So I went and made a video. Then again it's when he said there was more than 1 variable.

But now I would like to ask a quick question as this doesn't require another thread to be made since this one is still active.

How can I change the death knight's death coil ability to cast damage on other undead enemies? I'm changing the values in targets allowed but nothing's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.