• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import Unit Settings vs Object Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm back onto my Altered Melee project since the school year's over. I've rethought my project over, and let's just say I needed to make a few changes.

I was just wondering what the difference was between the Object Editor's "Export/Import Unit Settings" and "Export/Import Object Data".

I tried searching the forums and FAQs/tutorials for it, but couldn't seem to find anything. Then again, I don't think these are commonly used buttons.

Level 19
Maybe the one with the Object Settings is like, those settings you'd usually edit inside the Object Editor for different units (Like a peon's movement speed, etc.) while the Object Data is the whole thing, including the unit's erm... (Actually I don't really know this one, sorry...)

PS: ... Triggers?

Triggers belong to the Trigger Editor, not Object Editor :)
Just because you have created an ability, it doesn't mean that you have given it to a unit, so, if you import that unit, it won't go with a random ability. Any change you have casted onto Object Editor will be exported through Export Object Data. Export Unit Settings will only export units, from the Units' tab; no other tab there. The same goes for Export Ability Settings ;)

Level 19
Thank you for the erm... Correction:)

I'll give you a +Rep for helping me too!

Edit: I'm so sorry... It asked me to spread my Reps first... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.