• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing a Custom Cliff Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I'm trying to import this file to use in my current project.

I want it for the cliff face and I've imported it into the path that Grim_Labour said to use and nothing has happened, It hasn't changed the type of cliff, I was thinking that there might be something else that has to be done or maybe a different path for WEU?

Any help that anyone could provide for me would be greatly appreciated and I would put you in the credits section of the project (Don't you just love an Enticing offer?)

Thanks, Reptilian

Level 2
Well, No, I didn't try it in game, I didn't think to do that since saving and re-opening the map usually makes it appear. So yes, I did save the map and it just stayed the Outland red dirt cliffs, I will go and check if it has worked in game, thanks Need_02

Level 2
Okay, well it appears in game now, but the thing is it's appearing all jagged and stuff and I've seen it in games before and it isn't supposed to be, any idea why this is?

Level 8
You probably have a jagged cliff type in your map, and you just imported the skin over it.

Either import the skin to the other cliff type (ie. cliff0 to cliff1, or vice-versa), or change what cliffs you have in your map.

Level 8
The Hive Workshop Skins:
Space Station tile
by Horn

Details
Uploaded: 19:42, 28th Jun 2007
Last Updated: 19:42, 28th Jun 2007
Keywords: space, station, spacestation, futuristic, tiles, tilesets, tile
Type: Ground Textures / Tilesets
Category: Decoration, Space
Dimensions: 256x256
Skin-ID: 8qq7fv

Can be used to replace Cliff1 and/or a standard tile.

Natural. Right.

On another note, that skin is really wierd. The screenshot is totally different from the skin itself.

Level 2
Ah okay, I thought it might have to do with the fact that they were natural cliffs and the skin would just shape around it, thanks www123.

Well I guess I'll have to change my tileset and that means having to re-do all the terrain since it always changes when I change tilesets, by the way the tile that I'm using for the map, (It's space themed) is the outland abyss that was turned into space with stars, will that matter which path I import it into?

Yeah, it is pretty weird hey Anarki, the steel tiles in the picture aren't even something that Horn made, I found them on WC3 Campaigns and the cliff that matches them comes with it. Also the tiles aren't what Horn made it's actually the cliffs and to be honest, it doesn't even look that good. I imported it and I get the intermittent gray steel bars on top of the cliff, so I'm just using the cliff that comes with the steel tile.

Last thing, thanks Emm-A- but natural raised walls wouldn't work because It's within a space station and such so it would just look strange.

Thanks for all the help and pointers guys,
Reptilian.

Status
Not open for further replies.