• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported sky texture going to noraml after reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, basically problem is described in the name. I imported a sky texture (complete black), and gave it path of Lordaeron Summer Sky. It works all fine, but after I quit editor, it snaps back to happy-blue. After I reset it to black it works again, I quit the editor, it snaps back... Anyone knows how to fix this?

a) Why would you want a totally black sky, when you can do this by setting the sky to "Environment - Set sky to None"?

b) Try Felwood Sky instead, with the path "Environment\Felwood\FelwoodSky.blp"

c) Remember that the custom sky must not have any alpha-texturing involved; size must be 512 x 512.

d) If none works, try remaking your sky and import it.

Level 9
>is it also ingame like this or kept? is the path right? try figure out those things

Paths is right (double- and triple-checked). In game it stays black.

>a) Why would you want a totally black sky, when you can do this by setting the sky to "Environment - Set sky to None"?

Where do I find that?

>b) Try Felwood Sky instead, with the path "Environment\Felwood\FelwoodSky.blp"

I need a complete black one since I'm doing underground. Thanks for suggestion though.

>c) Remember that the custom sky must not have any alpha-texturing involved; size must be 512 x 512.

No alpha, I just dunked black bucket over the standart one.

Either do it by triggers:
  • Trigger Sky
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Environment - Set Sky to None
or, in the Editor, go to Scenario - Map Preferences - Sky Display - Use Editor Preference and then press Ok. Afterwards, go back to the Editor and press "K", until you have a black sky. This will be the black sky you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.