• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported Doodad Variation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Is it possible to have a doodad have variations of two or more different models? for example, these three models [Sign Post 1, 2, 3], is it possible to have 1 custom doodad in the object editor that can place one of the examples randomly as variations? and if it is possible, how?

And extra question:
If I replace all of the ashenvale trees in my map with dungeon trees, will it replace it with random variations too?

Level 26
Doodad variations are of different models. They use the given modelPath as a base and append the variation number starting from 0 to the end. Since the editor gives you trouble to specify an own base path for multiple variations, take a look into my tutorial (1337 views yay).

The "doodad" replace functionality has an option if you want to reset variations or not. Do not confuse doodads and destructables please. The editor kind of mixes them but they possess different features ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.