• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Image posting is not intuitive. In other words, how do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, I've attached images here before, but not that often so I always have to check again how to do this:

First, attach the image via Attachment Management. Then? It gives us a php not the image URL. Shouldn't the image URL come right away as well, I mean the FAQ says to click on "the arrow" but where the bloody hell is the stupid arrow?

I think if it's within the realms of convenience for the programmers, it should be made simpler. And make it so that the default "advanced" posting window has all the icons etc on top (font size, html, link, bold/italic/underscore, hidden, etc.).

Thanks people.

Level 14
You could always use my way of attaching..
Let's say im gonna test attach a random image of a model, first click on manage attachments,then upload the image,look down and you will see the Miscellaneous Options box,down the Miscellaneous Options box,you will see attach files,right click the link of the attachment then right-click, open in new tab,go to the image tab and right click again,click "Copy Image URL",then paste the url in your "Image" tags,no need for those bloody arrow things,because the hive has plenty of errors and typos,don't worry,im sure they will fix it on Hive 2

attachment.php

Attachments

• Brewmaster.png
    Brewmaster.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 180
Level 8
Ah yes, pastebin. Thanks guys, but seriously, there should be an easier way to do this. The usual way that other forums use, which is an option to just paste the image once you've uploaded them

But then this is pretty much a free forum and I really hate sounding like some ungrateful little shit. It's just a suggestion, I suppose.

Level 34
Unless you're writing a tutorial, I see no reason not to simply use the wonderful uploading feature. Why do people bother uploading, then stretching my screen by redundantly putting it in their post. Probably compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.