• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I'm looking for a walk cycle tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
As title says. So I'm just trying to make a natural-looking walk animation. I think I got the leg and hips movement nailed, but the right way to move the torso and arms still evades me.

I've searched the web for days, watched almost a hundred of youtube samples, and found nothing relevant so far. Only bad quality clips, missing links, 404 threads on forums, etc.

Can anyone help me out here?

It'd be really quite simple to explain it.

The hip gyrates as steps are taken, and the torso swings back and forth. The more swing in the upper body, the more the arms are flailed. The torso also gyrates, to a certain extent, with the forward swing of an arm. You can portray plenty of personality into a character by his walk. An aloof character swings about quite a bit, while a more reserved character is rigid.

Status
Not open for further replies.