• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm Afraid !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short Poem by Anonymous

Fears

Fears everyone has
No spiders, snakes, night crawlers
No monsters, ghouls, creatures of goo

No
Real fears
Fears everyone has
Not being accepted
Not being known
Not being the center of attention

The fears none know
The fears all have
All hide behind fear
All hide behind lies

They lie and know not the reason
Their once true self gets buried and changed
They become drowned in their fears
They lie and cheat

They fear
They hide themselves
And show others the things that will draw them into attention
Made up or not

Bragging
Lying
Falling
Soon to believe their own lies
All because:
Fears

This one shows terrain with fear effects . . .
Any criticism are accepted .

226275-albums6930-picture77299.png

Attachments

• Afraid.png
    Afraid.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Level 30
I must say, you are getting much better by each terrain you make. The terrain really conveys fear and this is for the Terraining Contest #15 right? Though, you could lighten a bit the fog, it's quite too much that makes the terrain a bit not clear.

But overall, nice concept and execution. Reps for the that terrain.

Level 14
This is one of your best I think. I like the dark atmosphere. The tree models you have fit really well with it. The silhouette of the unit in the background is nice too. Good work.

Level 34
Don't use "Game View Settings". Instead look under one of the menus for the keys to toggle the various things you want to show, like sky, fog, shadows, etc. It's been so long I forget, but K is one of them. V might be too?!

Level 28
Yes, your terrain looks good. Next time avoid using region fog (the weather fog that comes from the ground, can be set by using regions and global weather effects in map options). You see, they became horizontal fog lines depending on the angle, and that is really unrealistic!

What I mean is the horizontal line of fog that is hovering right before the unit silluette of the background, that is a good example.

So if you're going to use this fog, you can either increase the angle of the câmera so it looks at it from above or watch out for these lines and remove the área of fog that generates them.

Keep terraining! :D

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
If it is possible can you help with a link where I can download those tree models they look amazing and maybe also those doodads.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hello I'm not sure if you read my first post but I would love if you could help me with those doodads expecialy the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.