• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

IDENTIFY THE KILLER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have this system that whenever a hero unit kills it triggers an effect attached to the killing unit. But when a dying unit was killed by the killing unit's ability, the effect doesnt show. Can someone help me how the killing units' ability will be counted as the killing unit itself? Thanks.

Level 11
Do the players only have 1 hero? If so, this becomes easy; instead of putting the effect on the killing unit, you put it on a hero unit owned by the owner of the killing unit.

It gets much harder if players can have more than 1 hero though.

Level 4
So the condition will be: the hero killing unit or the hero unit who owned the killing unit. I see thanks! Then i should specify the skills which have unitid in the action using if/then/else.

Level 14
Units that die due to triggers or timed life will not return a killing unit.

More commonly though, units that die from a spell that deals damage over time will not return a killer if the caster of that spell already died and decayed away.

You need to accommodate for all those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.