• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas For This small Troll town for a cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Im just after some idea for how to create this troll town for my cinematic. Im so stumpped on where to evan start. it needs alot of work all i have now is the out line of the town.

also any suggestions for dodads to use for the Trolls buildings.

here are some images of what i have already
wc3scrnshot092710164258.png

wc3scrnshot092710164314.png

Level 18
these trolls are just normal trolls or trolls wich are allied with orcs? if they are just normal trolls i suggest making buildings out of wooden doodads if they are allied with orcs just use horde buildings and som spikes around the camp maybe som wolfs you also might wana make som kinda throne with bones on it and orc towers as doodads near the entrance behind the wall but besides that i dont have much idea's sorry

btw: you might wana use different tiles and more tile variation atleast

Level 5
Would the Forest Troll huts and Voodoo lounge buildings work for ya? If you dont like the way they look after they're sized up, then try using the Murloc-styled buildings (Including Goblin Merchant).

I suggest adding some kind of meeting center, like an area where all the tribespeople might meet at night or during events, if it's going to be a close-knit community.

Also, think about why there are walls around the village. If there's a need for protection from the outside world, then the tribespeople themselves might be more like warriors. If they are, then Orcish buildings might be good.

hmm um no idea what your trying to tell me about the tiles
I believe he was telling you to don't place the tiles that randomly...
like.... defining levels between 2 values. For instance, areas of:

Rough Dirt | Dark Grass | Rough Dirt

better would be:

Rough Dirt | Dirt | Grassy Dirt | Grass | Dark Grass | Grass | Grassy Dirt | Dirt | Rough Dirt |

Level 15
Need more help or suggestions?

What is the nearby environment going to be like?

a forrest a thick forrest

I believe he was telling you to don't place the tiles that randomly...
like.... defining levels between 2 values. For instance, areas of:

Rough Dirt | Dark Grass | Rough Dirt

better would be:

Rough Dirt | Dirt | Grassy Dirt | Grass | Dark Grass | Grass | Grassy Dirt | Dirt | Rough Dirt |

ok thanks

Level 5
Um, try placing your buildings around the trees, like...

7.jpg

You might like it, you might not, but atleast try mixing in elements of the environment into your town.

Level 5
There should be some good custom models for it, I think i've seen some... but I've done something very similar with Murloc Huts, piers, large trees, and tiny world trees.

Level 5
Of what it might look like in the WE?

EwokTownExample.jpg

I made that in about 17 minutes, but it only took that long because I had to make the doodad for a pathingless murloc hut, 1 and 2, and a pier. I hope this somehow helps.

Level 5
What entrance are you goin' for?

Also, the trees in Morbid's pic just look like World Trees with some green stuff on the tops, maybe bushes I'm not sure.

Level 23
Yes I did use the world trees as bases, and you can mainly add every other tree onto them with some tricks. Depending on what tree you want to have. Just choose one of the utm trees, pitch the angle a bit and add a few and place them, so that they fit the basic world tree and you have your high detailed tree.
I personally attached UTM trees aswell, shrubs and bushes however do not work all that great, because you would have to stretch them a lot to make them fit the base of the world tree.

Level 3
a small troll town??
i don't see any house, tent or any troll hut..

maybe u must put your map here..so people can edit it to put their ideas and show it to you..

Level 5
well im after a enterance were there are troll guards guarding the town

Try having the entrance be a ramp or something leading up into the Tree Village. But if that's not what you were wanting to go for, just make a wide bridge of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.