• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

icons not showing up in on the hero research console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
k heres my problem, had loads of icons downloaded and them works just fine, but has this problem:
1. everytime i tried to research the spell with a new (downloaded) icon, that icon just dont show up (research mode), but it will once it has already been selected for research.
2 ive tried to import icons for items and they work just fine when carried by the hero, but items sold in shops dont show up this new icons (note: hero is far from item shop/ dimmed items)

i bet the problems are connected with PASBTN,DISBTN, or something... can anyone also tell me what they are and why some icons just have the BTN instead of four type of icons???? help please.. ill have you credited in my map if you could help me with this problem.. its drivin me nuts already...... :x

Level 21
Several cases.

1. Make sure the ability has a research icon and it is in normal BTN.

2. Make sure the icon has no problems. Consult the author for support.

3. Icons have paths.

Normal BTN: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIcon.blp

Disabled version of normal BTN:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIcon.blp

Passive Icon:
ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNIcon.blp

Passive Icon disabled:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNIcon.blp

4. Make sure you have not tempted with the gameplay interface icon data pathing.

5. The icon itself sounds like it has a problem. Consinder repairing the icon yourself if necessary to get it 100% working:

24bit .tga > Convert to .blp with WC3 Viewer > added opaque alpha channel > Import and reuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.