• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Misc] [ICON REQUEST] Shadow/Darkness and Ice DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I would like to know if someone have or can make a icon that is basically a DNA sequence but with a texture like this, as if it was a cursed gene, basically as if it was some kind of shadow dna with black / dark color inside and a glowish purple texture on the outside. EXACTLY like the hand from this image if possible.

shadowhand.png

And with DNA sequence I mean something like this
DNA.jpg

I would also like to know if it would be possible to do the same thing but with "ice" textures, like a DNA sequence made out of ICE or frost.

Thank you very much in avance.

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay thank you in advance if you take the effort to do soo!
Phew. That was a bit harder than expected. I've poked around for a bit and this is what I could come up with. I can make minor changes but the main gist is what I could manage. If you still need the ice thing, I can try that too, if this is satisfactory.

Attachments

• Evil DNA Black.jpg
    Evil DNA Black.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Evil DNA.jpg
    Evil DNA.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 6
Level 2
Phew. That was a bit harder than expected. I've poked around for a bit and this is what I could come up with. I can make minor changes but the main gist is what I could manage. If you still need the ice thing, I can try that too, if this is satisfactory.
I love it thank you so much!!! Also thank you for the alternative I could give it use too! If you can do the Ice one I would also apprecciate it :)

As for the icy one... I don't know if this would be asking too much but the ice one it would be cool to have one with "icy" background and making it fully icy (both the background and icy dna), other icy one with some "darkness" background with icy dna texture and maybe some shadowybits (something like a corrupted ice dna by the shadow/evil and one normal) but also a purely "icy" theme one. But this is really good thank you.

I'm really thankful because this is so hard to find.

Last edited:
Level 4
I love it thank you so much!!! Also thank you for the alternative I could give it use too! If you can do the Ice one I would also apprecciate it :)

As for the icy one... I don't know if this would be asking too much but the ice one it would be cool to have one with "icy" background and making it fully icy (both the background and icy dna), other icy one with some "darkness" background with icy dna texture and maybe some shadowybits (something like a corrupted ice dna by the shadow/evil and one normal) but also a purely "icy" theme one. But this is really good thank you.

I'm really thankful because this is so hard to find.
I hope I understood what you mean. Here are a few variations. Feel free to ask for minor changes.

Attachments

• Icy DNA Dark No bolts.jpg
    Icy DNA Dark No bolts.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Icy DNA Dark with bolts.jpg
    Icy DNA Dark with bolts.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Icy DNA.jpg
    Icy DNA.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 4
Level 2
Ehehe, made it before you edited the "shadowybits" part :p

Thank u I like the full icy one the most, you are really quick with this lol. What I meant with ebonbolt was a way of saying "shadow frost" like a corrupted ice. I think i mispelled because english is not my main language but I remember a skill in wow that used to be a combination of shadow and ice, and what i meant with that was basically a combination of the shadow thing you made first but "icy" like the shadow taking over the ice dna.

Level 4
I gave it another attempt :p It's always a fun challenge to figure out what exactly is meant by the description. I decided to go with some dark lightning effects (based on your previous bolt description), while trying to make the DNA seems as "dark" as possible. Hope this works.
Two variants: one with outlines lightning and one mixed.

Attachments

• Icy DNA with dark lightning outlined.jpg
    Icy DNA with dark lightning outlined.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Icy DNA with dark lightning.jpg
    Icy DNA with dark lightning.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 4
Level 2
I gave it another attempt :p It's always a fun challenge to figure out what exactly is meant by the description. I decided to go with some dark lightning effects (based on your previous bolt description), while trying to make the DNA seems as "dark" as possible. Hope this works.
Two variants: one with outlines lightning and one mixed.
I like this idea, but would it be possible to make the "lightning" effects "dark" like black inside and the glow purple instead of just normal lightning (like the first DNA you made from the first concept), like the darkness taking over or corrupting of the icy dna. Only if this isn't too much asking of course because I like the idea of "Shadow + Ice". Honestly the bolt thing was mostly a mistranslation I made what I meant was like dark energy taking over the dna, like corrupting it (the corrupting energy, black and purple, like void magic)

Level 4
Like this?
Oh wait, reading it hard. I made it blue first. Now with purple.

Attachments

• Icy DNA Black Corruption.jpg
    Icy DNA Black Corruption.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Icy DNA Black Corruption Purple.jpg
    Icy DNA Black Corruption Purple.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 4
Level 2
That's perfect! thank you.
Icy DNA.jpg
Evil DNA Black.jpg
Icy DNA Black Corruption Purple.jpg

Of all the ones you made these 3 are my favorite, and will use the 3 of them (my favorite being the full evil one) I might use the other alternative recolors as alternate effects maybe. I'm toying with a map and making characters who have magic dna. And this is pretty neat, thank u for all the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.