• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iceflow Stream

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a Melee Map for 2 Players:

Map Description:

The river in this icy cavern is a home to many dark beings, be careful when crossing it, or risk to be overrunned by your enemy.

Every player starts in a corner of the map, of course, near a goldmine. Each player has another goldmine to expand, which is guarded by several creeps
Neutrals:
  • 1 Tavern
  • 1 Mercenary Camp
  • 1 Temple of Boom
  • 1 Fountain of Life
  • 1 Fountain of Mana

[highlight]Item Levels[/code]: 0-8
[highlight]Creep Levels[/code]: 1-8
I used several Doodads and creeps of other tilesets, because of the limited and a bit unfitting creep- and Doodadchoice of the Underground tileset. The terrain was a bit more difficult too, because there is only 1 Texture, that you can build on.

This is the first of the maps that i made, which is worth to upload. (Atleast I think so)

88815d1283368201-iceflow-stream-iceflow-stream-screenshot_1.jpg

88816d1283368201-iceflow-stream-iceflow-stream-screenshot_2.jpg

88817d1283368201-iceflow-stream-iceflow-stream-screenshot_3.jpg

88818d1283368201-iceflow-stream-iceflow-stream-screenshot_4.jpg

EDIT: Added more different tiles to the non-water areas and added some Doodads

Keywords:
Iceflow, Ice, Stream, Melee
Contents

Iceflow Stream (Map)

Reviews
23:14, 3rd Sep 2010 Cweener: Rejected post.
Level 2
Screenshots

I added a few screenshots here:

Attachments

• Iceflow Stream Screenshot_1.jpg
    Iceflow Stream Screenshot_1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Iceflow Stream Screenshot_2.jpg
    Iceflow Stream Screenshot_2.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Iceflow Stream Screenshot_3.jpg
    Iceflow Stream Screenshot_3.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Iceflow Stream Screenshot_4.jpg
    Iceflow Stream Screenshot_4.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 356
Level 3
As a basic question. Is this just a modified/supped up version of a regular map for fighting other ppl?

Level 18
Iceflow Stream Review

Iceflow Stream is a 1v1 Melee map made by Doggiefruit.

This melee is very rough, based on a very ugly tileset, underground. It needs a lot more of work put into it before getting a positive grade.

The terrain is very ugly. Due to the tileset and your inability to make a better terrain. Don't find this insulting, put I suggest taking a look at some better terrained maps. The tiles seem to random and that looks really ugly. Floating rocks all around. Water made with blizzard cliffs and not the height tool. Blizzard cliff mountains etc.

The balance is okay since it's symmetrical, and the drops are fine. But some creep groups look stupid. Skeleton archers and polar bears don't fit in my opinion. And there are way to much elementals at their groups.

Overall, needs a remake, start from scratch perhaps. 1/5.