• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

I want to create Contol Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, im creating a new map that's hero only, but i want to add control points, kinda like the ones in the risk games where once you destroy whoever owns that CP you then own it, but i wanted mine a little different.

Basically the control points would be have 3 building plots, a main building, and 2 defense towers (Control Points unowned would basically be Circle of Powers).

What i wanted to be able to do with these are;

1: Only heroes to be able to buy them, i don't want any summoned units to be able to walk up and grab them.
2: The main building must be destroyed first if owned by an enemy, you cant just walk up, destroy a tower then build your own tower, you need to destroy all 3 buildings, then before you can start building defense towers you need a main building first.
3. Also i want each control point to build different buildings depending on hero. Blood Elf could build blood elf building, undead build undead or any custom building i wanted, but each hero gets their own buildings.

Main Base Control Point

Another thing i wanted to add was your "main base", but since my map is a hero map, and i wanted each hero to have different custom buildings as their main base, how do i make it so;

1: You start of with no main base, but once you have selected your hero, your main base would then build itself.
2: Custom buildings, how do i make it so i can choose what building will be build for what hero.
3: Defeat, how would i go about making it so if your main base is destroyed, your hero will no longer be able to respawn, so once he dies its GG.

So i hope anyone can help me with most of these and i would much appreciate it.

Level 3
Do you have any experience with triggers? It seems to me you're asking us to make most of your map for you :xxd:

Yeah i have a little bit of knowledge. I've been going through a lot of this sites tutorials and all and reading up, i've managed to trigger hero taverns, multiboards, creature spawns and pathing etc for my map. Its just i have no clue where to start for Control Points.

Level 3
1. When a unit enters the region, check if it is a hero - simple.

2. When a unit enters the region, check if main building is alive equal to false

Thanks, those should help. I'll try and fiddle around with the trigger editor and see what i can do.

3. Ever heard of if-then-else?

A little, not really though. Also i needed to be able to build building from the Control Point main building, not just walk up and it takes over type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.