• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I require aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
I've made this model which depicts a Broken from WoW:TBC... No geomerging at all was involved, only model editing. I also gave it a new wrap. Now, the problem is with his tentacles/flesh whiskers... Since I made them from vertices from the head, they move with it and often go through his body. A solution might me re-rigging this model, but adding the ends of the whiskers to "bone_chest" and/or adding another bone, "bone_neck", which moves the middle part of them so that the whiskers move smoothly. I do not hold the knowledge needed to fulfill such a task, thus I ask those that do know... Also, if my request sounds arrogant, then I apologize, that was not my intention...
I attached the model along with a picture of it. Thank you for at least reading

Attachments

• Broken.jpg
    Broken.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Broken.mdx
    80 KB · Views: 90
Level 45
1. Open model.
2. Select the area in which u want your part to follow (neck or whatever, only select 1 vertex though)
3.Click Tools>vertex group of selection
4. take note of the number

5. Click on the area u want to move its bone attachment (your tentacle thing in this case)
6.Go to Tools>Assign Vertex Group

7. Eat a Banana.
8. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.