• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need tools please(i will explain in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Henlo to all Hive Workshop people:

i got this game from china called m3guo
it uses WARCRAFT 3 ENGINE(stolen i guess)
now,i managed to unpack the dat file inside the game to translate it and change assets
.rxc .mst .msx
inside those there are MDX and BLP (related to game files and i think BLP is blizard texture files)

i have the warcraft 3 viewer and it can open the MDX files and the other tools here to save the BLP files
but:

i used hex editor and inside the files it point of files with same name with those extensions

the problem is i do not know how to open the rxc,mst and msx files to get access to the mdx and blp files inside,the proper tools to do it were hosting in a russian site that its expired

if anyone can give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated,and im willing to share the game once its translated and A-OK

i leave you a link for a video gameplay of me,you will see it is same engine,and a screenshot of the data folder

unknown.png

this one shows the blp files
nmfsPO4.png

video of the game

Level 23
From what the video shows, it's just a mod with an elaborate graphical overhaul.
As usual, if you want someone to help you, attach the files you want to have checked out.
I don't get why you write so much and post stupid images, but not the actual files or at least some small samples if they're too big.
Also, why do you need .mdx and .blp files? those are textures and models, not usually where text you would want to translate is stored.

Level 1
@SuperMewKitten: have you tried using the Wayback Machine (or anything similar)?

nop,link and files dead,cant get them ,the only thing i have is the python script to decompress the dat file and get all those folders
someone told me the text is stored in the exe but i searched and theres nothing...
any info would be greatly appreciated
again this game is a RIPOFF of warcraft engine,but the game is still active in china,so i dont know if i can share the files

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Warcraft III engine is licenced differently in China. Their version has been capable of a lot more in modding than the rest of the world release. Specifically there is financial incentive to create Warcraft III maps in China thanks to micro transactions. As such the game/mod might be more than a simple hack job.

If the mod is still popular I would suggest asking the developers/players of it first. The tools you need might be available somewhere.
inside those there are MDX and BLP (related to game files and i think BLP is blizard texture files)
How can you be sure MDX and BLP files are inside those files? It is completely possible such mods use their own texture and model formats due to it being Chinese WC3.

Level 1
Warcraft III engine is licenced differently in China. Their version has been capable of a lot more in modding than the rest of the world release. Specifically there is financial incentive to create Warcraft III maps in China thanks to micro transactions. As such the game/mod might be more than a simple hack job.

If the mod is still popular I would suggest asking the developers/players of it first. The tools you need might be available somewhere.

How can you be sure MDX and BLP files are inside those files? It is completely possible such mods use their own texture and model formats due to it being Chinese WC3.

its the same engine i tell you :) just modded
ALSO THE GAME HAS A CAMPAIGN MODE! WITH SINGLE PLAYER MISSIONS AND PLAYS EXACTLY LIKE WARCRAFT!!!

there are no tools,the project is from leaked files for private server
the only tool i have is the python script to decompress the data file(400 mb into like 2 gigabytes)
data.dph into tons of mini folders

the links with the tools died,in chinese and russian forums they point to 404 pages :(
so i need all your help to make this happen then i share all and one of you can host the game here and it will be superfun

@SuperMewKitten: Have you tried to contact lokamber or pengsaizhen?

... or hodias, who is currently translating it afaik?

im in ragezone i was the 2nd posting : xlw00tlx
project dead since 2016

not even the link for download the files work,i got a backup in my external usb solid hdd drive :)

Level 1
Again, have you tried to contact any of them?
let mew tell you something:
i was top contributor at ragezone mmo extra releases,they fked up,they made me rage,not only the mods the admin itself(maybe thats why its called ragezone)
DO NOT TRUST in ragezone users none of them beside few is worth and the ones that are worth like me and like 20 good others i ve meet left ragezone long time ago cause the forum and envyronment is terribad.
again,since its warcraft 3 engine im requesting help here i greatly appreciate any indications or help,i am even able to team viewer to show you the files and get access to them
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.