• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
There is another idea i will share with you...as most of us know that there are 12 spell in a spellbook maximum.

YOU CAN MAKE THEM LEVELING UP!!! BUT IF THE SPELLBOOK LEVELS AS WELL.
If you are still interested than this is what you have to do:
Create as much abilitie copy's as much level you whant for abilitie to be increased example: (Spellbook: Fireball Lv1, Curse Lv1, Blizzard Lv1) on next level of increased spellbook you can post other spells(copys powered and with increased effect) Fireball Lv2, Curse Lv2, Blizzard Lv2. I hope you got the idea.

THE BAD THING IN THIS IS THAT YOU WILL BE TIRED CREATING THIS ABILITIES...

Level 2
He means you have to create a spellbook ability that contains all the spells
- spellbook Level 1 contains ability 1 level 1, ability 2 level 1 etc...
- Same spellbook ability but level 2 contains ability 1 level 2, ability 2 level 2,etc...
where ability 1 and 2 are the abilities you want the hero to have. But you have to create a copy of each of these abilities for each level you want it to have.
For example, if xou have 2 abilities with 3 levels each, you need to create 6 abilities: ability 1 level 1, ab. 1 lv2, ab 1 lv3, ab 2 lv 1, ab 2 lv 2, ab 2 lv3, and the spellbook ability. Now you add these spells to the spellbook, the level 1 abilities to spellbook lv1, lv 2 abilities to book lv 2, etc.
the downside is you have to create alot of abilities which is boring and takes some time.

Another way is to levelup the spells inside the spellbook via trigger - just use
Unit-set ability level of (ability) for (hero) to (level)
you have to find a way to let the player choose which skill to increase.(dialog or something, or increase all the abilities inside on levelup, or what you want them to levelup.)

This way, you just need the spellbook ability and the abilities inside once, each with multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.