• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to know how to create those awesome spell effects and overall how people can make them do the right thing. For example, Leviathan's ult in DotA. I can't figure out how he was able to make the impale encircle with. Other examples are the spells in the spell downloads where people create stars and other symbols with lightning effects. Can anyone explain or show me how a trigger like that would work :?:

Sorry if you didn't understand what I said, sometimes I have a hard time explaining things. :lol:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You should have posted this on the Spells Forum.
He creates 8 dummy units each facing different directions. Then he picks every unit of type "dummy unit" and orders them to cast impale in different directions (South, North, East, etc). Sorry if I didn't explain well.

-Rui

Level 4
Rui said:
You should have posted this on the Spells Forum.
He creates 8 dummy units each facing different directions. Then he picks every unit of type "dummy unit" and orders them to cast impale in different directions (South, North, East, etc). Sorry if I didn't explain well.

-Rui
Well you explained some of it, I dont know how to make the units non clickable, like how the sa's smoke screen and broods web work (never figured that out)

Level 10
Rui : its better to use "For each Integar.....yada yada" then to create units with offset.

PS: Rui your avatar is funky =)
and dota isnt that cool after all.

Level 4
I am to confused, if someone would like to give me an example of how the code would look that would be great, oh, and give me a description as to what it does.

I kind of wanted to use this to create a pentagram around a unit that casts a spell. So I thought of positioning 5 units a certain distance away from the caster then using lightning effects to create the star, but I can't figure it out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.