• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, I did a recolour of a Ghoul skin and added some blood splatters to it. You can find it below. I imported it into the World Editor and then I got this little red disfigured thing. You can find the screenshot for that below too. It appeared like that in the World Editor and in-game. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? My knowledge on skinning is pretty vague, but I have done it before. The zombies in the background are proof of that. Maybe I'm tampering with something on the skin thats causing this? If you need any additional information, just ask. I'd did everything in Photoshop. Some expert advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. :)

Level 11
well i cant help you there because its an error with the skins alpha chanels.they are CORUPTED.all you can do is redo the skin or send me the file and see what i can do.
best option is redo the skin.might be a tool you used.

Level 1
Hmmm...

Well, after much looking around, I've come down to the conclusion that it has something to do with the team colours and alpha layers. I know where to find the alpha layers, but I don't know what to do after that. One of the stickies briefly talked about this and it left me pretty confused. Can someone please help by explaning it a little more in-depth? Thanks.

Level 1
Thanks Halo.

Thanks for the advice Halo, but I'm positive that it's the team colour thing. I've already done four different variations of the skin and each one of them did the same thing. The only reason I think my Zombie skin worked was because it has no team colours on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.