• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need help to protect my files from grandparents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how can i completely hide them? no passwords unless needed and unable to be found in a search? because they all up in my biz naz...

okay i made it all hidden and unsearchable... i think... but just incase... how do i add a password?

Level 9
do what i said about winzip but why ben are u a ben aswell

but if you realy wanna make it super ant grandparents after you done the winzip thing extract them into the folder to make sure it works that part isnt good to skip you must do that one but make sure before you do this it is done competly right delete all the files but make sure you dont delete the winzip file wich has all the files ready for extraction but its a possiblity that you might have to reinstall the file so make sure you are prepared and know that there is a chance of it not working good luck

Level 4
Buy a mac and download 'EyeHide'

It creates a hidden password protected folder so you can stash all your naughty things in there.

If you are willing to buy a mac.

Level 4
if its nothing naughty...then

why do you neccesarily have to hide it from your GRANDPARENTS??????

Level 10
tuna69 said:

he has his reasons. and he doesnt need to reveal them to the likes of you.

Level 8
The way I would do:

1. Rename file names.
2. Put them into an winzip file, name it 'war3' or something.
3. Secure the files with winzip.
4. Move the winzip file to ur warcraft 3 folder, or another game folder.

Should be work? Since I guess ur grandparents don't look in gaming folder, and the name would say nothing + in case they found it, the files are secured with a password.

Level 4
qwerty said:
tuna69 said:

he has his reasons. and he doesnt need to reveal them to the likes of you.

oh shut up.

hes askin for our help and it'd be nice if he tells us what hes hiding.

plus by not telling us what it even is, geeez, something suspicious going on there, making him sound like a goddamn criminal.

so really, me asking him what/why he is hiding the undisclosed files is really no big ask.

so shut up qwerty.

Level 25
Tuna, its probably just a normal generic file like WC3 or something, but his grandparents are complete and utter n00bcakes who seem to think that anything is going to waste all of the space on their computer/cause several hundred viruses to eat their computer for lunch/make their computer spontaniously combust

Hence why he'd need to hide any files he downloaded

Level 3
aha, tuna, everytime i read ur posts, i end laughing

anyway, if u hide the folder, u still have a problem: if ur parents go to "find files or folders" option and type what u are actually hiding, they will find it, even if it is hidden or not

the best way to protect files, i would say, is to download a program that protects files by asking a password in order to be granted acess... i remember buying a very old magazine where i saw such a program... the name? i dont remember. still if u go to google and search for such programs, i bet u will find something useful

Level 8
So what did I said about my way?
jeez read first the other posts!
Rename, Replace, Secure.
Gotta work, kinda 3 hiding ways.

Another option is creating a map, putting the files in and making the map totaly invisble.
But that is a little hard, for not so advanced-pc users I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.