1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

i need help pls

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Orrx, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Orrx

Orrx

Resources:
    Resources:
    can anyone tell me why when i try to make a building my game crashes (i edited my units to be buildings)

2. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    it does something that warcraft doesn't like
    for example, if you make a building and do something with it, warcraft may simply decide that it doesn't like said building at ALL and will close down every time you click/build it
    the same might happen with units too but i have only heard of/seen it happen with buildings

it's like in starcraft when u disable the doodad properties for a terran missile turret
    sc doesn't like what the sprite ends up as, u look at it POOF it kills ur starcraft.

note: if you're building those buildings from a building (like having a castle build a tower instead of having a peasant do the job) warcraft may not like the pathing and close down.

3. souichiro_mihada

souichiro_mihada

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who built the unit? It has to do something with it. AND the pathing and the ground texture. Plus (maybe) there is no Build/Birth animation of the unit u r trying to make. That's all I think.

4. Orrx

Orrx

Resources:
    Resources:
    ""

i used a peasant but i dont think its the terrain but idk

5. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    do you have the peasant training them or building them?
    that might have something to do with it

6. Alvatar

Alvatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    You may not train building, it can be problem (or it was in old versions)

7. Orrx

Orrx

Resources:
    Resources:
    um im pretty sure it was building but i will check again asap