• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need help maKing an AOS terrain better PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey! :D I'm working on an aos map right now and the terrain isn't as pretty as i would like it to be. Point being... it needs work lol. If you want to take a look at the map a took a picture of it and put a link to the picture. If your interested in helping me pm me and i will message you the details and my map if you are willing to do it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1 MB · Views: 213

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'm already busy but you should try to make it rather unique. My idea: make each section be connected to the sister sections via two symmetric paths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
I'm already bust but you should try to make it rather unique. My idea: make each section be connected to the sister sections via two symmetric paths.
that's what im trying to do but im a horrible terrainer and it is really hard making it so that that lines that connect the bases are the same length of the lines to the middle. Also my lines two the middle are really crooked and ugly and idk how to fix it

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Ok, let me give you some hints. First of all making all the paths be straight as a sword makes then look VERY unnatural, Second of all, the layout you're trying to use has already been used in XtremeAoS and that's why I recommended you to use a different layout, like I mentioned in my first comment. Third, Unless you're going to use the grid and count giant yellow squares, there's no way to make the routes exactly the same length, you should Instead just rely on your eyes.

Here's an example of what you can do. Feel free to use it if you like it :)
212788-albums5632-picture61494.png

EDIT: You should look for better-looking tree models, tile textures, rock models, and maybe even some HQ grass models ( those can't be bigger than 500 kb max!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Ok, let me give you some hints. First of all making all the paths be straight as a sword makes then look VERY unnatural, Second of all, the layout you're trying to use has already been used in XtremeAoS and that's why I recommended you to use a different layout, like I mentioned in my first comment. Third, Unless you're going to use the grid and count giant yellow squares, there's no way to make the routes exactly the same length, you should Instead just rely on your eyes.

Here's an example of what you can do. Feel free to use it if you like it :)
212788-albums5632-picture61494.png

EDIT: You should look for better-looking tree models, tile textures, rock models, and maybe even some HQ grass models ( those can't be bigger than 500 kb max!)

thank you alot i like that terrain lay out :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

No problem, If you need any more help, feel free to PM me. Currently I can only provide advise but in the future I may be able to actually do something ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.