• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a trigger to restrict items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone, Im new and I heard that this website has a lot of people who knows a lot of world editor, well Im making a customized map and I need your help. here is my problem:

I had created items like weapons and armors, but I want them to be equiped by specific heros, for example:
item A can only be equiped by certains heros such mages and not warriors.
So in the case that one hero that is not supposed to have that item(player or computer owner) pick, buy or receive that specific item, losses it or in the instant he/she pick, buy or obtain it, the item is destroyed or removed from that hero.

I heard that it can be done with triggers but I dont know anything about triggers so I ask for your help.

Greetings to kitabatake, my map has a lot of models made by you, ty.

Level 12
An item is equipped.
Owner of unit equipping item is of type ____
Order unit to drop item and display message.

Or whatever.

Level 3
  • Events -
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions -
    • And - All (Conditions) are true:
      • Conditions -
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated) Equal to Itemyouwant)
        • (Unit-type of (Hero Manipulating item)) Not Equal to Heroyouwanttohavethisitem
  • Actions -
    • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero Manipulating item)
Basically just replace "Itemyouwant" with the item you want that certain unit to be able to pick up, and replace "Heroyouwanttohavethisitem" with the unit you want to be able to pick up this item.

In simple terms this trigger will do the following: Whenever a unit gets an item, it will check if that item is the item that you want only certain heros to have, then it will check if the hero/unit that got the item is equal to the Hero/unit that you wanted to have the item. If its not the correct hero, it will drop the item from the hero/unit's inventory

Note: This trigger will make it so no one except unit-type of "Heroyouwanttohavethisitem" can pick up that item.

Level 2
Thank you very much tiaan, your trigger was the correct, now my map is complete, I will post it in the correct section in a moment I hope all of you would like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.