1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I have ASRock G41C-GS

Discussion in 'Computer Tech' started by PyroKnight, Jul 9, 2013.

1. PyroKnight

PyroKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    What graphic cards support my motherboard? There is no list on the official website. :/

2. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    It supports pretty much any GPU. It has a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot, so you should be fine. I don't know if the newest and fastest cards on the market will give you full performance with PCI 2.0 as I haven't read up on it, so whichever card you're thinking of buying, check if it runs fine on PCIe 2.0

The 7xxx series from AMD and 6xx series from Nvidia, both run fine on PCIe 2.0, so if you're thinking of one of these, you'll be fine :)

3. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is no virtually no difference in peformance between 2.0 and 3.0. Heheh, get it.. virtually ;)

4. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yet.

5. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    True.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yet it has twice the transfer rate... If by virtually you mean huge then yes.

It means the CPU can transfer twice as much data per unit time and halves the delay caused by transfer rate. Although it might not really be visible in most tasks, if the GPU ever runs out of memory it will perform over twice as fast over 2.0 and tasks that require huge data bandwidth such as GPGPU also work faster. Emulators of shared memory architectures like used in the Wii also should run faster as a big problem is latency caused by continuous GPU <-> CPU transactions of frame buffers.

Obviously it is not needed, I use 2.0 and play D3 and SC2 perfectly. However it should not be written off as pointless if it will not cost you anything extra.

7. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you surely know that current GPU's do not even sature the PCIe 2.0 slot so if he were to buy a graphics card now and put it in there he wouldn't really benefit from buying a new 3.0 motherboard. He doesn't have the best one but i doubt he is going to use any advanced features of a more expensive motherboard, and i also doubt he is going to buy something like a 7990 with a motherboard like that.

My 7950 is also still in a 2.0 slot.