• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dual-core Processor NVIDIA GT 9500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Does this hardware going to run this games, COD:MW3, PES12 and FIFA12? I really need to buy new pc parts because my pc is old, and here is my pc config:
CPU
Intel Celeron 346
Prescott 90nm Technology
RAM
2,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 199MHz (5-3-3-9)
Motherboard
775Dual-880Pro (CPUSocket) 43 °C
Graphics
Plug and Play Monitor (1024x768@85Hz)
256MB GeForce 7300 GS (Undefined) 58 °C
Hard Drives
80GB ExcelStor Technology J880 (PATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A
Audio
Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller

Level 5
Thanks, yes my pc is old the configuration is ancient. I must buy new strong pc and fast, because i'm addicted of PES and good FPS games. And can you tell me how much worth to sell this pc? I don't think someone will buy this...

Level 15
Thanks, yes my pc is old the configuration is ancient. I must buy new strong pc and fast, because i'm addicted of PES and good FPS games. And can you tell me how much worth to sell this pc? I don't think someone will buy this...

I'd buy it for maybe $40

It'd work as a decent Minecraft server or something, it's single threaded so dual cores don't do much, and ye olde Prescott P4's still got a high frequency.

Anyways, basically every part except the CD drive, case, and MAYBE the power supply is useless in a new computer. If you want a parts list give your location and/or your preferred shop as well as a max and preferred price.

In the meantime, open it up and list the model for the Powersupply, the powercord should run directly into it, looks like a big grey (usually) box.

Level 34
I don't see a power supply listed. I assume it comes with one, but that's definitely something you want to look at when buying a computer. I've seen companies use power supplies that weren't rated high enough for the graphics card.

I can't price it for you unfortunately, since it's not American currency (Either US or Canada).

Level 15
Thank you, you have helped me so much because i have the money and it's fair price. +rep

Nope, the GPU in it, the GTX 430, is barely an improvement over your current 9500GT. Processor on it is a good Intel dual core, but that GPU needs to be at least a 8800GT/9800GT/GTX545/HD 4830/HD 5670/HD 6670 before you see much of an improvement

All of those have similar performance, preferably you want a model higher than those, such as the HD6770 or GTX550 Ti

Hope he hasn't bought it yet...

Level 34
Nope, the GPU in it, the GTX 430, is barely an improvement over your current 9500GT. Processor on it is a good Intel dual core, but that GPU needs to be at least a 8800GT/9800GT/GTX545/HD 4830/HD 5670/HD 6670 before you see much of an improvement
He has a 7300 GS, looking at his original post. I'm pretty sure the GT 430 is a lot better.

Level 5
I'm not rich person the pc that i use have 7300GS as Gilles said but that's the link of the pc i want to buy it because you can't buy different parts and to combinid them into one machine you can only buy full pc so that's why ask is that good pc for PES12, COD etc?

Level 17
why you can't buy pieces ?
pre-built pcs are usually "fair" price but they are far from fair performance and they tend to ship things that are of arguable value/usefulness

to make it short gt 430 is really a bare minimum for MW3, you should still be able to run the game on low settings at playable framerates.

Level 5
It's not allowed in my city to buy random pieces and to make machine pc. :/ minimum settings omg :/ i don't have money to buy more powerful than the pc i gave link. :'((

Level 34
Look for something that has a higher-end GPU, but lower-end CPU, and HDD. Most companies make a budget gaming pc.

Level 17
I searched through the site you posted and considering your budget
this:
HD 5570 is better than GT 430 in my opinion and should be capable of running crysis warhead, arkham asylum and resi 5 on highest, albeit lower resolution
and even MW3 could run on high settings, actually I saw it being run by hd 5570 even on ultra settings and 1680x1050 (but it had a lot better ram and cpu than what the above build has)
HD 5570 isn't quite GT240 and its still far from GT 9600 or GT 8800 but it appears to be the best from what the site offers below 20,000 MKD

that about gt430 being bare minimum doesn't mean it will run at 10 fps on low, it will run on very playable framerates on both cards (but don't be too sad if it just won't run on high or better without noticable fps drop) GT430 is a HTPC card whereas HD 5570 is more suited for gaming with quite higher pixel and texel ratings
it's even cheaper than the gt430 setup, but it has worse cpu and only half of the HDD size than the setup you picked but that is not enough of a reason to dump clearly superior gpu for that.

still I would try to search a little bit more to make sure there are no other shops around that would sell better in the same price range. (during sales for example) or wait two three weeks and see whether they won't come up with christmas sales.

as a side note their best pc is a good example for why not to buy pcs off similar retailers. GTX 560 for 1300$, I laughed. with i7 2600 which is very very budget i7 IMHO and they pack useless 12 gbs of ram and horrific 2 tb of HDD on top of that.

Last edited:
Level 21
Build your own pc, and no one can forbid you to build a pc... it is very very simple work.

And if someone tries to forbid it to you, you should go to the police and tell them that you are being supressed.

You can save about 100 - 150 dollar/euro if you build a pc with self-bought parts.

Of course you should ask someone who can build pcs to give you a tutorial.

Level 5
Yes i was in the shop and i can build my own pc and it was much cheaper that way...
Custom PC was 469 euros (29.000 MKD)
Non Custom PC was 560 euros (37.000 MKD)

Status
Not open for further replies.