1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I do not know and I cannot program custom mode DotA 2.

Discussion in 'Dota 2' started by Napoqe, May 22, 2015.

1. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone.

I'm here to talk about the DotA 2 scripts.

I'm trying to make a custom mode. In the Terrain, I do of good. But when I go to the actions of the mode, does not work when I copy of a website, etc. And I do not know programming, scripts uses LUA programming language.

The Worldsmite works with the data base of mod, as values of units, etc.

Please answer up have one tool that helps to structure the scripts, like Worldsmite or Valve will do, or up I need know LUA programming language for do actions of custom mod?

2. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can only recommend you to read the workshop tools wiki

For creation of data driven abilities/units/etc. you do not really have to know LUA.
    For real event scripting and more complicated stuff like this you will have to know it.

If you want to create a good DotA 2 map you will have to learn all of this.

3. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was trying to make a teleport, however, I can not do. I do not know if it's the position (suspect, but think is in ground) or script (suspect). I asked for help to Noya, but I think I overdid in the questions, bother him. :( I also have interest to do spawn (create creeps) waves of creeps.

I read this wiki, but I understood very little (where are the files, organize files (lines)).

4. Noya

Noya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Archmage Mage Teleport in my DotaCraft repository:
    KeyValues
    Lua

You can learn Scripting through examples and trial & error. There's also many tutorials over moddota for various topics. Try to invest a bit on your english, its the most useful skill out of all of this.

5. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the future, up I is with conditions best against the disease (obsessive compulsive disorder), I think I go try go in a course to learn English british (culture interest). In moment, I go try to better my health, I am with problem that causes coughing (loops) that made me stop psychologically of study course web design.