• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i am making a map based on the show lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am making a map based on the show lost where you have to saty away from the monster but i have a few questions [this is gonna be my first map i will make good enough to send here]

1. how do you make cinematics
2. i would like to have a cave and you instantly come out the other side how do i do that.
3. when i finish this map how can i send it to this site

Level 2
stomperdog said:
1. how do you make cinematics
im no expert on that but it revolves around cameras and Cinematic triggers (sry that was useless)
stomperdog said:
2. i would like to have a cave and you instantly come out the other side how do i do that.
Thats easy,
create a region on each side of the cave and make a trigger:
Event: Unit-A unit enters Region 001 <gen>.
Action: Unit-Move [Entering Unit] instantly to[Center of Region 002 <gen>]
stomperdog said:
3. when i finish this map how can i send it to this site
You go to Add/Update Resources:
i dont know what to do next bcuz it keeps on logging me out . . :cry:
I hope that ive helped you :wink:

Level 3
actually to do cinematics is fairly easy,"Cinematic-Cinematic on for all players"
to move camera to area use "Pan Camera to <Reagion of where u want camera to pan> in 0.00 seconds"to make it follow the unit make it so it takes more than 0 seconds to get to the area,to make a unit move to an area "Issue Target to move to point" or sumthing close to that then just make the plane or w/e ur moving go to that point,to make the plane look like its getting dmged make it so theres an air unit thats invisable sumwhere off screen then "Issue Target unit of Target" or agian sumthing like that,and make it attack the plane make the ranged unit have no attack model to it looks like the planes on fire but also while it is under attack use "Specail Effect on Unit" and just use fire its in spawned effects under a buildings dmg(when a building is dmged it will go in flames)so just do this make this game fun!i love the show lost

Status
Not open for further replies.