• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hybrating Pheonixes

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
BlueFire presents

Hybrating Pheonixes
Created by BlueFire

Map Info:

The map works as a normal melee 2v2 map, except that every 3 minutes; 1 Big Pheonix and 2 Lesser Pheonixes fly across the map from a small mountain on the left to the small mountain on the right. You can kill them and get items or somehow use them to get a small advantage.

Features:

145x145 playable area of the map, adding a little "spice" to a normal melee map by a little side objective. Two custom units; Big Pheonix, Lesser Pheonix. 22 Creep camps and maybe some fun.

Some else stuff about map:

-There seems to be a bug that I cannot fix, when the pheonixes start flying form the mountain, after a short while they start coming back. To fix that I used a looping command trigger, it doesn't change the gameplay or anything I am just letting you know.-
*FIXED

Screenshots

233799-albums8623-picture107580.jpg

233799-albums8623-picture104621.jpg

233799-albums8623-picture104619.jpg

233799-albums8623-picture104620.jpg

Special Thanks goes to no one this time ;:)

Changelog:
Ver 1.0: Uploaded
Ver 1.1: Fixed that the pheonixes that reached the top didn't dissapear, oops!
Ver 1.2: Changed the map to be 1v1 because of the lack of Goldmines/Places for them, made changes to the creep camps, updated the terrain, changed the triggers for the Pheonixes and changed the gold mine in the middle to a dragon nest.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas- and edited by BlueFire (By that I mean the deleting)
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Pheonix, Hybrating, Melee,
Contents

Hybrating Pheonixes (Map)

Reviews
22:01, 25th Mar 2016 Shadow Fury: The map is set to needs fix based on my review.
Level 21
All right, the concept of the idea is pretty, but the execution is very problematic, not only due to the presence of leaks, but also because of some incongruent item drops and creep camps. So let's get started:

Terrain
This part needs more love! Over 50% of the map is pure emptiness... a flat deserted barren land of immense space. To start off, your terrain should never be flat, as no natural landscape is completely so. Creating some bumps and lowerings would be really cool and adequate. In addition, you could add cliffs, cactuses, rock spires, craters, fissures etc... all the barren doodads you can think of! Just don't leave your terrain empty! Take inspiration from other barren terrains if required. Furthermore, never spam one tile over large areas as this looks pretty monotonous and unattractive. Some A lot of variation is needed when you create a terrain to please the eye, as we usually see in godlike sceneries of terraining contests, thus I urge you to mix the tiles more often.

Creep Camps and Item Drops
Here are where most problems rise. After examining this category, I drew the conclusion that you really need to overhaul everything here. Firstly, the creep camps. They are far too overpowered. A summed level superior to 30 is just too much. Also you do not have to put a too great number of creeps, even if they're weak (centaurs camp for example). in one creep camp Keep the number within a reasonable range of 2-6, considering also the fact that there are some powerful phoenixes roaming by occasionally. Now item drops. To my surprise, the bronze dragons have an item set which has a 100% chance of dropping... nothing XD What's the purpose of it then? What's worse is that the rest of the dragons drop nothing, which in turn means that these entire creep camps give no rewards. Additionally, the item drops are often too weak or not sufficient. Since your creep camps are numerous, it's impossible to let only one creep drop an item, for how powerful it can be. Multiple creeps should drop items of sensible levels. Take the central camp of harpies as an example. The summed level is 43, but merely one item of level 6 is dropped. This isn't fair at all!

Bugs and Leaks
I analysed your triggers and I found some leaks and errors.
Let's take Untitled Trigger 003, Untitled Trigger 003 Copy and Untitled Trigger 003 Copy 2. All these three triggers could be merged into a single one. How? Just put the events of each trigger in the event of one trigger only. The action will not change. The main problem here is that there isn't the indispensable condition! Your current trigger would implicate something rather negative. If any flying unit reaches regions 003, 004 and 005, it'd be removed! Pitiful, isn't it? But that's an easy fix, my friend ;) Just put this condition:

• ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Lesser Pheonix) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Big Pheonix)
That will force the trigger to work only for the phoenixes.
However, my main concern is about the leaks. One trigger precisely leaks periodically, and that is phoenix flight. The other triggers leak as well, but I'm most worried about this one. Every second, it creates leaks, and that could affect late game. Take a look at this tutorial to learn how to fix them. It's very simple, don't worry :)

Based on my review, I will set this map to needs fix until it is updated. Good luck with that! And remember: never lose motivation!

Level 4
All right, the concept of the idea is pretty, but the execution is very problematic, not only due to the presence of leaks, but also because of some incongruent item drops and creep camps. So let's get started:

Terrain
This part needs more love! Over 50% of the map is pure emptiness... a flat deserted barren land of immense space. To start off, your terrain should never be flat, as no natural landscape is completely so. Creating some bumps and lowerings would be really cool and adequate. In addition, you could add cliffs, cactuses, rock spires, craters, fissures etc... all the barren doodads you can think of! Just don't leave your terrain empty! Take inspiration from other barren terrains if required. Furthermore, never spam one tile over large areas as this looks pretty monotonous and unattractive. Some A lot of variation is needed when you create a terrain to please the eye, as we usually see in godlike sceneries of terraining contests, thus I urge you to mix the tiles more often.

Creep Camps and Item Drops
Here are where most problems rise. After examining this category, I drew the conclusion that you really need to overhaul everything here. Firstly, the creep camps. They are far too overpowered. A summed level superior to 30 is just too much. Also you do not have to put a too great number of creeps, even if they're weak (centaurs camp for example). in one creep camp Keep the number within a reasonable range of 2-6, considering also the fact that there are some powerful phoenixes roaming by occasionally. Now item drops. To my surprise, the bronze dragons have an item set which has a 100% chance of dropping... nothing XD What's the purpose of it then? What's worse is that the rest of the dragons drop nothing, which in turn means that these entire creep camps give no rewards. Additionally, the item drops are often too weak or not sufficient. Since your creep camps are numerous, it's impossible to let only one creep drop an item, for how powerful it can be. Multiple creeps should drop items of sensible levels. Take the central camp of harpies as an example. The summed level is 43, but merely one item of level 6 is dropped. This isn't fair at all!

Bugs and Leaks
I analysed your triggers and I found some leaks and errors.
Let's take Untitled Trigger 003, Untitled Trigger 003 Copy and Untitled Trigger 003 Copy 2. All these three triggers could be merged into a single one. How? Just put the events of each trigger in the event of one trigger only. The action will not change. The main problem here is that there isn't the indispensable condition! Your current trigger would implicate something rather negative. If any flying unit reaches regions 003, 004 and 005, it'd be removed! Pitiful, isn't it? But that's an easy fix, my friend ;) Just put this condition:

• ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Lesser Pheonix) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Big Pheonix)
That will force the trigger to work only for the phoenixes.
However, my main concern is about the leaks. One trigger precisely leaks periodically, and that is phoenix flight. The other triggers leak as well, but I'm most worried about this one. Every second, it creates leaks, and that could affect late game. Take a look at this tutorial to learn how to fix them. It's very simple, don't worry :)

Based on my review, I will set this map to needs fix until it is updated. Good luck with that! And remember: never lose motivation!
Ok, think that it's more or less done, the terrain might be still a little lacking but I think it's better now. Thanks for letting me know about the stuff since I forgot about this map by this time :D

Level 4
Welp

Huh, so this map went right from awaiting an update to rejected without any apparent reason since I pretty much fixed everything(I guess not the best but still). Anyways, I'd like to know the reason behind this. Thanks anyway.

Level 21
Huh, so this map went right from awaiting an update to rejected without any apparent reason since I pretty much fixed everything(I guess not the best but still). Anyways, I'd like to know the reason behind this. Thanks anyway.

It wasn't moved to rejected actually, it's pending.
You must've updated the map if it appeared again in the pending maps section.
If that's so, I will re-review it :)