• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huoshan Blader

Reuploaded as requested. A blader with fiery blades, added some Chinese inspo. Houshan means volcano, I just translated it okay? HAHAHA
Previews
Contents

Houshan Blader (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Here we have another really cool texture appearing in the section from a veritable regular, let's have a look: The Good: Like all your skins we have a total conversion here from the Demon Hunter into some kind of fiery demon, the theme has been...

Moy

Moy

Level 49
He does not look Chinese, but looks demonic which is awesome. Good stuff you got there, I wonder what secrets you prepared as well. I expect new release soon.
I post pictures in media :) I have a new one in the works.

And yes, it is a demon. I forgot the description I had with this before, I just put what I had in mind in the description haha

Here we have another really cool texture appearing in the section from a veritable regular, let's have a look:

The Good:
Like all your skins we have a total conversion here from the Demon Hunter into some kind of fiery demon, the theme has been pulled off and we have a very unique creation out of it.
This leads me to the most stand out part of the texture: the hands and blade. The seared darkened metal of the blade with the bright fire poking through as well as the searing hot hands holding onto it, as they transition into the red and then grey of the cooler areas that are further from the weapon.
The metal shading is also on point in this texture, with a nice variation between the gold armour and silver sections and the chain hanging from his belt looks amazing, I seem to remember a similar type of detail being pulled off really well on the 2nd Dark Sinister.
The scale armour as well is a nice touch and variation to the overall look.
The head also stands out, the previous Demon Hunter is completely gone; replaced with this freakish mask.

Areas for Improvement:
This texture is very good, however there are a few things that stood out to me whilst looking over it.
I think more needs to be done with the shoulders and arms, when given the viewing angle that players will have 90% of the time (barring cinematics or maps with alternate cameras) a lot of the detail of this texture is hidden from this perspective. Especially the grey sections of the arms seem quite plain as well as his left shoulder.
I also feel like the flames could use a bit more detail more like the flames that hang from his forearms, as his hands and flames of the blade seem quite "blocky" in terms of their level of detail.

Conclusion:
Another great addition to your repertoire! I love this texture, a bit simpler than some of your other work but still a really cool and interesting texture that would make for a great hero or villain in a map. Easily approved!