• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Humans VS Orcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I'm creating a map called: 'Humans VS Orcs' and I just want to know how to do some things. Let me explain my map.

It's a 1v1 map. Red = Humans, Blue = Orcs. The Map is 32x96. The Humans are based at the top and the Orcs are based at the bottem.

I need the Human's Barracks to train a specific unit to go and attack-move to the Orc's Barracks and vice-versa.

If you could help me with this, it'd be great! :D

Level 7
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 1)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground (Center of Region 2))
U mean this?Create region 1 to where u want the units to spawn and region 2 to where u want the units to move attack to.

Level 2
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 1)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground (Center of Region 2))
U mean this?Create region 1 to where u want the units to spawn and region 2 to where u want the units to move attack to.

That works, but you can just stop the unit from doing whatever it's doing. I just want the units to march and not be controlled. I don't want to make another player which is controlled by no-one and have the units owned by him since I want to have weapon and armour upgrades (things like that)

Level 7
Try this (not sure if it works,i haven't tested)Also don't forget the clear the unit group leak.
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground (Center of (Playable map area))
Edit : Use this insteand of only units of type :
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground (Center of (Playable map area))

Level 2
Okay, Looks sweet! Thanks! :D If I could +rep I would. (I'm pretty sure I've +rep now :D) Exactly what I needed.

Last edited:
Level 20
Be aware that it has leaks.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Actions) <- Doble leak.
(Center of (Playable map area)) <- Leak
(Center of Region 1)) <- Leak
(Center of Region 2)) <- Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.