• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human - Arthas

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
This model was a request on creating the Arthas based on Battle for Azeroth version, and as I heard from other people that the Arthas we have look too bland, a reskin of death knight and way too young.

Preview of the model:

What I did to this version:

1. Making him slightly older with a more serious apperance
2. Created a skin on the arms, so that he can have a similar view on the requested Arthas
3. Changed his Armors, Pauldrons and Cape for alliance themed equipments
4. Gave him blue eyes. instead of half green and half blue
5. Changed the colors of the armors to more golden looking, and this is because I manually wanted the Human Arthas to look more of an actual prince of the alliance, and a noble majestic paladin.

Other than that, I hope more people will find this model useful if they also didn't like the current Arthas we have.

I keep the news on my youtube channel before posting a model on Hive.

Best and kind regards,
Wolf Spirit / Wildone / Wolfe
Contents

Human - Arthas (Model)

Human_Arthas_NEW1 (Model)

Icons (Icon)

NEW1_Portrait (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Level 8
Any chance you could do the same with the "Arthas with Frostmourne" model? It would be greatly appreciated.

Either way, awesome work as always. I really like the look of this.

EDIT: There are also a lot of clipping issues, with the cape in particular. Not sure how much can be done to fix that though. Still an awesome model.

Level 15
Any chance you could do the same with the "Arthas with Frostmourne" model? It would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: There are also a lot of clipping issues, with the cape in particular. Not sure how much can be done to fix that though. Still an awesome model.
I prefer the chained sleeves version of Arthas.
Too big lion head on chest. Not looks well, as I think.
it's me? o Arthas does not hold the hammer, in addition to missing the cinematic animations

I will be making a 2nd version, a more of Lore based Arthas, where he doesn't have Lion Statues, but all Lordaeron statues. I think it was what the guy wanted, but I only put more Lion Statues as an extra decoration, this version will be made custom, while my next version should be more focused toward the lore of Human Arthas

Level 4
Attack 1 thought it was based on Classic animation.
There is a certain incongruity between the hands and the hammer. There was some change in the positioning of the hammer or movement of bones inadvertently to cause this.
The cape seems to go a little into the armor in some animations.
I think it is better to remove this big detail of the lion on the chest of the armor, I believe it was too extravagant to the point of unbalancing the ensemble, maybe putting part of the cloth around the neck and chest would be better.

Level 15

I prefer the chained sleeves version of Arthas.

Too big lion head on chest. Not looks well, as I think.

it's me? o Arthas does not hold the hammer, in addition to missing the cinematic animations

Hi guys, so I have a good news for this model

I wanted to mention that this model was of a fun made than the actual Lordareon Arthas I posted, but as far as I know there are clipping issues, animation issues and some stuff related to this model which I fixed recently, and you can check out my patch notes on the youtube related to Arthas and the other 3 units on the list that are updating.

The new model post will be called similar but with _NEW1 at the the end of it. Hope this helps! :)

Level 4
@Wildone
The weapon this time seems to be reasonably more aligned with the hands, on the other hand, the book in this new version starts to be a little out of sync, as well as other parts still needing some adjustments. It's not too bad, but I'm stressing that if you really want to achieve even higher quality.
Examples at some points:
Stand 4: The gun is off course, doesn't follow the movement of the actual animation when changing between the hands, was this intentional or lack of adjustment?
Attack 2: The weapon also appears to be out of order with the real animation. The blow remains strange, seeming to hit the base of the weapon to the ground and not the hammer itself. Rather than an attack, it appears to be the launching of a Spell.

1624040490060.png

Reactions: BRM

BRM

BRM

Level 2
I do like this exact version much better, if only his weapon was not flying near his fingers during animations XD