• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to unstack stacked wepon attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
my problem is that I have an item that appears as a weapon but when I pick up two items the first item looks like it merged with the second item. Now I need a trigger that removes the picked item if you already have an item of that type. I think I saw an example of what I am attempting on a game called phase killer. please can anyone help me? :confused:

Level 11
Wow Im suprised there's no answer to such a simple question yet
Is it all about rep?
Anyway
There is more solutions to this, but what I used to do was to give every item type a different category. I.e. helmets/hats/head attachments were in Artifact, weapons/shields/hand attachments were in the Purchasable, etc (you get the idea). This has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever.

The next thing you have to do is to create a trigger with the event: Unit acquires an Item.
In the conditions, you'll be checking if the unit already has an item of the same type you just picked up. If it does, you'll simply drop it with Hero - Drop Item.

If you want me to specify more, just tell. (I'm not sure if you get to read this or not)

Level 1
but how do you give an item a category do you go to object editor or is it in a trigger . Please specify how to give the item a category:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.