• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to transfer abilities between maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm sorry for being so stupid with mostly stupid questions, coz until I don't understand system I call my self "dummy" :D
But is there a actual faster way to transfer abilities, triggers(well triggers you can take whole folder) to your own map.
Especially abilities, cause as I can see we can't copy folder or can we?
The way I'm doing it now is copy from source 1 ability, open my map, paste it there.
And like that again and again... I got netbook, what makes it even worse(load speed is kinda slow, even on small maps and not decorated or set up with units)
Thank you for listening, and I'm always thankful for your help.

Level 33
Remember, by using Import All Object Data will cause your custom object in Object Editor to be replaced by this new Imported Data(s).

So, if you want to import all those data at once, make sure you don't have any custom object created yet in the Object Editor, else, your Custom Object will just be replaced (overwritten), but seriously it lessens your work compared to (CTRL +C -> CTRL + V)

Level 2
Yh I know, now I realize especially on early stage map...
If you do it seperatly spells and map(decoration and landscape), Its just worth it to save it on landscape map(coz i don't have any units there yet and abilities) and then just finish editing your hero at landscape map...
Or alternative, save all data from your spell, if there is not a lot... for example I got like 4 spells and 8 units which I was editing, save them on your landscape, then import your stats system to new map, and then drag your units and abilities from landscape map to map with system, this way We will be able still to work out all heroes in one map, and then transfer all of them to landscape map.
Actually that idea just came in mind :) fresh mind from early morning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.