• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to save on lighting costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When we undergo a photo shoot, we always make it a point to use natural light to cut energy costs. But then, I don't think that would be enough, we still need to add effective ways towards continuous monitoring of our real time energy usage. Any other new approach that will help us with improving and updating our entire energy management process in our photography business ? Anybody who could give me an idea on how to save on lighting costs?

Level 14
Three are the ways I see: optimization of the electricity supply contract, energy sparing bulbs insofar possible, self production of part of the electricity you use.

Self production is limited by the fact that it is almost never competitive in terms of costs of production per kW, and by other additional problems like the loud noise and fumes of gasoline-powered small generators, the necessity of resupplying your fuel, in addition to the low efficiency of the machine compared to industrial production methods, and so on.

Efficient productions like for example dams, nuclear, gas turbines require such great investments and technical capabilities and maintenance, that only big players can afford to pay for the necessary engineering, materials, maintenance. If you were wildly dreaming of something similar on a small scale, forget it any time soon.

Photoelectrical solar panels are defintely easier to manage but they are very costly so in truth you spend more by buying them and hope that in decades, praying that they don't break, they make you spare some money.

It comes down to: how much power you use on average? How much does 1 kW cost for every option you take into consideration? You can roughly estimate the costs this way and choose the best solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.